SCCA WORLD CHALLENGE GT PORTLAND RACE ON SPEED-TV TODAY!

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you get SPEED TV, don't miss the Portland World Challenge GT race today at 1PM ESDT on SPEED where Tommy Archer won in the 3R Racing Comp. Coupe. Five Comp. Coupes placed in the top ten during this race last week at Portland International Raceway.

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was great to see Archer win. It really pissed me off when that bonehead (I forgot who it was, I think it might have been the Caddy) spun Woodhouse out though.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
That was Lou Gigliotti, (sp?)

He ended up losing fluid, maybe from hitting *****? Lou crawled around the track the last few laps, and finished just a couple of places ahead of Woodhouse in the final order. So his agression didn't net him much advantage in the end.

Sure was great to see Tommy and all the Comp Coupes out there, congrats to Tommy, way to go! As Tommy was taking the checkered flag, the Speed announcer mentioned Paul Mumford, and his 1st place win in a Comp Coupe at Laguna Seca. That was a nice gesture to our fallen hero, and I'm sure Paul was rooting for Tommy from heaven.

OP
OP
G

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was great to see Tommy win! He is one genuine person and what a great driver. I have learned a lot from him over the past few years and was delighted to see him win and take over as #1 in WCGT Points! I think Mosport will favor the Comp. Coupe! Sorry to see all the bumping and banging in this race. Lots of cautions and some contact was very dumb!

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the cards are falling Tommy's way as the cautions helped him out and his competition (Audi's and Caddy's) was busy taking each other out...

Mosport is great Viper track and Tommy should do well there, although at some point all that REWARDS weight will take its toll. My guess is that Ron Fellows in the 3rd Caddy will be the guy Tommy will have to beat to win those two races this Saturday and Sunday... The season could turn on the results this weekend!

Hats off to Tommy, Will Moody, and the 3-R team!

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you Rich about Fellows being the one to watch this weekend. Here is a quote from The Cadillac press release, <font color="red">"It’s going to be great to drive the CTS-V at my home track," said Fellows.</font> Fellows has quite an impressive driving record, he will be a tough competitor.

I guess Cadillac is tired of being beat the past four events and is bringing out a third professional driver, who just happens to have Mosport as his home track, and a third high dollar car to try and regain the podium. Fellows is also driving the CTS-V during this one weekend only according to the press release. I hope Tommy and the other Vipers deny them a win. :2tu:

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep! Caddy did the same thing a month ago at Mid-Ohio with Heinricy driving to a 3rd place finish behind the two Audi's, which have since been hit with competitive adjustments. We're going to find out just how strong the CC motor is over the restricted (since Sebring) Caddy motor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96