SCT Flash Programers... Tuned, tested and in stock...

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

After many, many years, a company has finally been able to bring the Viper community a flash programmer that allows you to change the tune in your stock PCM without sending the PCM anywhere or having to add an in series programmer like the VEC3.

SCT is a Florida based company about two hours from us. We've been waiting and watching as development of their programmer progressed. I'm happy to say that we were able to get hold of a few of the first programmers and spent time on the dyno perfecting tunes the last two days.

We now have programmers in stock for 2003-2006 Viper SRT-10's. The programs we created are for 91 and 93 octane and are to be used on stock vehicles or those with cat-back exhausts and high flow air filters. Programs for headers will come soon.

We at Roe Racing are very excited about the potential this system offers and readily endorse SCT as a provider of quality electronic components.

View the product here:
http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=8&idproduct=358

More applications and model year ranges will be available as we get more cars / trucks into the shop and on the dyno!

Best Regards,
Sean

PS, Sorry that I haven’t been on here in quite a while and my first post in ages is an advertisement. Hope everyone's been doing well!

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

Do have anything for us that are a mile high and have a Paxton and cat back and DLM intercooler? Wow that is a lot. Even if you have a program that is tuned for a Paxton that would be a great help. Also with the SCT we can tune over the phone.

Thanks, Kenric

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like a 100 octane tune with a paxton, corsa, and water/**** injection system and of course a 93 tune..

Joe

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill drive to you for the tune if possible?

Also does this get rid of the 3 second loop when at wot?

Joe

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what kind of numbers? Also what about throttle response, can you explain any further about the product?

Thanks
Brian

steveoviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the cost for this new item and when is it available? What type of gains will a stock car see from this?

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking on SCT's site and is it possible to get the LiveWire system for the Viper instead of the one you have pictured?

Joe

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys click on the link in Seans message and click "details". Impressive little tool. From the Roe website:

Product Details The SCT XCalibrator 2 arrives to you with two performance tunes, custom written and tested by Roe Racing for 91and 93 octane fuels. This versatile tool also allows the user to diagnose check engine lights and clear trouble codes. Your factory tune will never be lost either as the XCalibrator 2 has the ability to store it if you ever choose to go back to the factory settings. All these features make this device a "must have" for all GEN3 Viper owners. Using the 93 octane program, Rear Wheel HP / Rear Wheel Torque gains @ RPM are; 5 HP / 13 TQ @ 2,000 RPM, 6 HP / 13 TQ @ 2,500 RPM, 7 HP / 14 TQ @ 3,000 RPM, 20 HP / 30 TQ @ 3,500 RPM, 25 HP / 31 TQ @ 4,000 RPM, 30 HP / 35 TQ @ 4,500 RPM, 25 HP / 26 TQ @ 5,000 RPM, 12 HP / 11 TQ @ 5,500 RPM. These tunes were carefully created and tested to allow maximum performance without engine pining.

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean
Will customer be able to tune on a dyno, with the SCT,( fuel +- and Advance) or just use what every flash you have at that time. Thanks

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered one for delivery Friday and plan to "install" it Saturday (but then I'm gone for a few days - arrgghh :crazy2:) .

I'm gonna have to find a gas station that has 93 octane...

I've been in the music business and now I run a software company, so I'm majorly pro intellectual property (no sharing songs/software with anyone). That makes me wonder - what would prevent someone from doing the unethical (and probably illegal) act of sharing this box with other Viper owners?

Last edited:

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds like the same thing that DC performance announced several weeks ago in the new products forum. Anyone know if it is the same or not? If they are the same product or programming, will one have a pricing advantage?

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this turner sounds a lot like the ones that HyperTec makes for most car and trucks but not for the viper. I have used them and they can only do 1 car. yours. This is because once you upload their custom program into your vipers ECM the ECM downloads the stock program into the tuner unit. You can go back and forth but it is a one shot deal because if you upload to someone else's viper then all you will have in the tuner is their stock tune.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

After many, many years, a company has finally been able to bring the Viper community a flash programmer that allows you to change the tune in your stock PCM without sending the PCM anywhere or having to add an in series programmer like the VEC3.

SCT is a Florida based company about two hours from us. We've been waiting and watching as development of their programmer progressed. I'm happy to say that we were able to get hold of a few of the first programmers and spent time on the dyno perfecting tunes the last two days.

We now have programmers in stock for 2003-2006 Viper SRT-10's. The programs we created are for 91 and 93 octane and are to be used on stock vehicles or those with cat-back exhausts and high flow air filters. Programs for headers will come soon.

We at Roe Racing are very excited about the potential this system offers and readily endorse SCT as a provider of quality electronic components.

View the product here:
http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=8&idproduct=358

More applications and model year ranges will be available as we get more cars / trucks into the shop and on the dyno!

Best Regards,
Sean

PS, Sorry that I haven’t been on here in quite a while and my first post in ages is an advertisement. Hope everyone's been doing well!

Sean, can you explain to us the differences between the SCT and VEC3? When would we use one over the other? Is the SCT purely for closed-loop tuning? How do we get new programs into the SCT? As you begin to offer new tunes for the SCT, will there be a fee for each tune? Is this the beginning of the end for the Vec?

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds like the same thing that DC performance announced several weeks ago in the new products forum. Anyone know if it is the same or not? If they are the same product or programming, will one have a pricing advantage?

This is the same product that Dan and I were talking about. Diablosport, another handheld programmer / custom tuning software manufacture, is supposed to be testing their tuner with a Viper this week. They already have it working for the LX vehicle line (300C, SRT8, etc):

http://www.lxforums.com/wiki/index.php/Diablo_Sport_Predator

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=72459

Our pricing should be consistent with other vendors on this forum, we hope people will make a purchasing decision based on preference not price. These programmers do not come with preloaded tunes from SCT at this time, any tune that comes with the device will be created by the person who sells the flash tool. At some point SCT will probably be offering single license versions of their Advantage tuning software, they call it their "Racer Package." This will give individuals the ability to modify ecu parameters themselves.

You can check out the SCT forum at: http://www.sctflash.com/forum/ they already have a section specifically for 1996- Dodge Vipers.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me see if I understand this correctly. We won't be able to do our own tuning unless we buy some additional "software" package? So we buy this device from one of the Viper tuner/vendors and it comes with a basic "tune" and that's it? No ability to make changes? :confused:

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me see if I understand this correctly. We won't be able to do our own tuning unless we buy some additional "software" package? So we buy this device from one of the Viper tuner/vendors and it comes with a basic "tune" and that's it? No ability to make changes? :confused:

Say it ain't so!

It won't be any good to those of us with strange, modified cars unless the customer can make changes of his own.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like they can save two custom tunes to the harware device and you can download either at will.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, can you tune an agressive head and cam SRt on your dyno using that software?

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

SCT just released the XCalibrator 2 for the Viper lineup this week and they have plans to improve the system and allow the same kinds of features they have in their Ford programmers. As the next couple months progress, the end users should have the ability to adjust on their own, increasing or decreasing fuel / ignition advance from the base supplied tunes that come from the vendor. As Chris at Dan's shop said, we, the tuners have to take the time to create the programs to load into the box. The only thing we get from SCT is the stock program.

The system can allow us to do things a VEC can't and visa versa. In the end, I think it will be the trick way to go. The nice thing about the SCT flash programmer, no wiring! :)

At this time, the only programs we have on the shelf are for 2003-2006 SRT-10's with mild mods. As time progresses, we'll have programs for more mods, Gen2’s, Ram SRT-10’s, Hemi, etc... The good news, we have a TON of programming background from the VEC's (we have around 1,200 of them being used). We were able to write the SCT programming for the 2003-2006 cars pretty fast, basing the changes on the VEC program changes. In the end, we made the exact same power curve with both a tuned VEC3 and tuned SCT XCalibrator. The engine doesn't really care how you deliver it the correct fuel and timing curves and both devices work.

The system will be updated by SCT over the next couple months and we’ll support our customers with updates and additional features as available. The device holds up to three programs and will be able to do things like turn off the downstream O2’s (so you can run catless without buying simms), change cooling “on” temperature settings, etc, soon. Right now, its features are comparable to a VEC3 in regard to what it can do for adding power.

Regards,
Sean

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sean, can you tune an agressive head and cam SRt on your dyno using that software?

Yes.
Though we don't have tunes "on the shelf" for different modded combinations, we CAN tune those custom cars here and provide the flash programmer with various tunes loaded into it, just like we would do with a VEC and program cards.

Last edited:

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean I need a tune bad for my coupe. Mods are Paxton light flywheel, Cosa cat back, DLM big intercooler and that is it for engine mods. It makes 704 at the tires it is not the peak power that I need more of it is power under the curve. Also response and it is running FAT. Help a brother out!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes.
Though we don't have tunes "on the shelf" for different modded combinations, we CAN tune those custom cars here and provide the flash programmer with various tunes loaded into it, just like we would do with a VEC and program cards.

Earlier it was said that the programmer can hold 3 programs. Does that include the back up of the existing program in the PCM?

Also, will the same programmer work for both a Gen II and Gen III (for those of us who have each)?

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would/could this be a replacment for the vec on a roe blown gen2????? with heads cam,exhaust and a roe PCM......

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont get it, why not just get a VEC unit and deal with it that way ?

VEC controls fuel and timing. and an additional 'thing' like W/M, etc...

But what happens if you have a VEC and you want to make your radiator fan kick on earlier? Or any number of other features that the stock PCM handles that the VEC doesn't? In this case, a re-flash tool is quite handy. sure there are some things that overlap but they both have their place.

JD

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Earlier it was said that the programmer can hold 3 programs. Does that include the back up of the existing program in the PCM?

Also, will the same programmer work for both a Gen II and Gen III (for those of us who have each)?

The programmer holds up to three programs in addition to the back-up of your original pcm program, so four total.

The same programmer will work on Gen II and Gen III, but only one vehicle at a time. It "VIN locks" to the vehicle unless you re-install the original program that was read by the hand held programmer.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS