SCTVCA Annual Lockhart BBQ run!

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow Viper owners!

It's time for the next event so mark your calendars or just check ours! Central Texas VCA calendar

Event:
February Cruise and Social Event

Meeting place:
1:00PM Biff Buzby's Burgers @ 12702 Toepperwein Live Oak, TX 78233

Time: Saturday February 18th 2012 1:00PM

Description/special instructions:
Meet at Biff Buzby's @ 10AM for departure at 10:30AM. We will take a short cruise up to Lockhart for our 2nd annual BBQ run! Last year we all enjoyed Smitty's Market in the historic downtown square, this year we go to Kreuz Market in their new building and paved parking! Looking forward to a great 2012!
Any other interested parties in doing a social event please let me know. It does not have to be in conjunction with a drive, it does not have to be a weekend. Anyone interested in getting VCA members together to get to know one another better is all it takes. Also if you are sponsoring a month already please send in details ASAP so I may get our yearly event schedule out to all our member, other regions and national.
Don't forget, for 2012 every valid VCA member who starts a drive will get a chance to win the attendance prize of the month, if you do not sign in with your VCA number you will not be entered. Draw pulled at end of the day and you must be present to win.

Last edited:

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Bummer about the forecast but I am hoping to be reincarnated as a weather person...If anyone is interested in arriving earlier than 1 I can be there around 11 or noon as I cannot stay out too late.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it gets too bad it may be cancelled. Didn't want to push it out a day and interfere with church and family day.

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good call on not pushing it out until Sunday, Kurt. If it stops raining mid-morning I will head up for a quick bite at Biff's and hopefully see y'all off at one. We've got in-laws flying in late afternoon tomorrow so the ride and BBQ can't happen...bummer as I was really looking forward to it!

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh oh:

A strong upper level disturbance just south of California will move toward Texas over the next 36-48 hours. Moisture coming up from the Gulf of Mexico will combine with this upper level feature and set off another heavy rain event mainly Friday night into Saturday. Flooding will be possible throughout South Central Texas. We are expecting 1-3 inches of rain with some areas getting as much as 4 inches. The main impact for the heavy rain and thunderstorms will be from Friday 1800 to 1200 on Saturday.

Scattered rain showers and thunderstorms will continue over the next 24 hours ahead of the main rainmaker coming Friday Night. The rain totals through early Friday will generally be less than 1 inch and shouldn't cause too many issues. The main threat for flooding will be late Friday through Saturday. Some storms may produce some hail, but the main threat as of right now looks to be the Heavy rain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang