Search syntax question

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to recall there was a couple threads about MOPAR Performance parts for the Gen III and maybe even the new 2008.

I searched MOPAR Performance Parts and got literally 100's of hits, most of which contained one word of the phrase... So I put the phrase in double quotes - I thought that was standard syntax, but either it isn't or it doesn't work here...

So... How should I enter the search string if I want all words matched?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to recall there was a couple threads about MOPAR Performance parts for the Gen III and maybe even the new 2008.

I searched MOPAR Performance Parts and got literally 100's of hits, most of which contained one word of the phrase... So I put the phrase in double quotes - I thought that was standard syntax, but either it isn't or it doesn't work here...

Excellent question and one that I have forwarded to our programmers. I thought we had set up the site for such specific searches, but will find out for sure very shortly. Will report back just as soon as I do!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe -

I think we have it fixed now - I tried it after our progammer worked it and it did the search perfectly (83 results for Mopar Performance Parts instead of 500+). Here are some examples that demonstrate some search strings that will work on these forums (ignoring the apostrophe on either end):
  • '"some words"'
    Find rows that contain the exact phrase “some words” (for example, rows that contain “some words of wisdom” but not “some noise words”).
  • 'apple banana'
    Find rows that contain at least one of the two words.
  • '+apple +juice'
    Find rows that contain both words.
  • '+apple macintosh'
    Find rows that contain the word “apple”, but rank rows higher if they also contain “macintosh”.
  • '+apple -macintosh'
    Find rows that contain the word “apple” but not “macintosh”.
  • '+apple +(>turnover <strudel)'
    Find rows that contain the words “apple” and “turnover”, or “apple” and “strudel” (in any order), but rank “apple turnover” higher than “apple strudel”.
  • 'apple*'
    Find rows that contain words such as “apple”, “apples”, “applesauce”, or “applet”.
  • '"some words"'
    Find rows that contain the exact phrase “some words” (for example, rows that contain “some words of wisdom” but not “some noise words”). Note that the ‘"’ characters that surround the phrase are operator characters that delimit the phrase. They are not the quotes that surround the search string itself.
Hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other problems!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4