Search weirdness

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

Just wanted to bring something to your attention... it's not a 'wicked bad' problem (just confirming my New-Englanderness)
You must be registered for see images
, but it's just a quirk.

I was looking for the thread on the porsche caught on the median. I did a search with the terms "Porsche Parking" in the search words field. It returned 1 result in a table format. One of the columns in that table was 'Name' which was listed as 'Bob'.

I went into the topic and noticed that John Hennessey was the original poster. I was the last person to post in the thread, and 'Bob' was the 4th to last poster or so.

So what is the significance of 'Bob' showing up in the search results? I noticed that if I do a search for all posts by myself, then my name shows up in the 'Name' column, but it was just weird that 'Bob' was showing up when he seemed not to have any significant place in the thread.

Maybe that column could be original poster? I'd find that most useful I think.

Hey, I know you guys are working overtime on this site, and it looks great - this is a MINOR MINOR thing, and I just wanted to bring it to your attention, since I figured you didn't even know it was there!

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to reply to my OWN post, but noticed something else - the "date" field is funky too. It's showing the date of Bob's post. Personally, I think it would be most useful if it showed when the last post was made to that thread, or if that's not possible, then mabye the date the thread was first opened? Or maybe both!

You know what else would be neat (since I know you're looking for stuff to do since you're so underworked), it would be real nice if you could click the column headers and sort by those fields. I did a search on my name and got a lot of results, and they didn't seem to be organized. Would be nice if I could order them by the date I posted, or the thread name I posted to.

Again, MINOR stuff! Love the board!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960