Seat lowering brackets

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with Jon at partsrack today about various stuff. One of the things I was interested in was a seat lowering bracket kit for my 2005 that wouldn't restrict the front/back movement. I was directed to another vendor as Jon was unable to supply the kits.

Now, I'm not much of a stingy bastard... But when I saw the "price" of this 1 inch seat lowering bracket kit I was floored... Holy **** you have got to be kidding me! Is it *really* worth $400 to drop my seat 1 inch?!?

sigh...

I just dropped over 12 grand at partsrack today, but I just can't get over these brackets... Ah well, guess the seat will stay where it is.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It would be cheaper to go bare-footed? Or have your legs shortened? [With your line of work, I should NOT make jokes about shortening your legs.....you need em to operate Heavy Equip....]

THANKS

Reaction score
One of the real reasons the seat kits are high is that the cost and development is spread out among only a few Viper owners. Where as a bracket built for a more common car would be more profitable and thus be cheaper to buy. I agree that the 1" and the 2" brackets are very expensive, "but" I also know I could not have done it myself cheaper because my time is worth more to me.

I also realize the economics of producing a part with limited potential buyers.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2" snake oyl kit I just got a month ago, I'd sell for half price ;-)

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bite the bullet- Pay the price. Once you sit in the totally different car, you will be glad you paid the money. It really changes your interface with the car!
I've done it on three cars now!

PBR