Seat lowering kit-1 inch; can you help?

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying the one inch lowering kit (I'm 6'3"). I've read on the board that it is much more comfortable if washers, used as spacers, are installed in the front to give some leg support.

Is it a fairly easy install?

How many washers did you use?

Are the bolts long enough or should I purchase longer bolts?

I'd really like the 2 inch kit but then the wife couldn't drive the Viper and she has made it VERY clear that until I buy her a yellow Viper she better be able to drive my 'hello officer' red Viper ;) ;)

Thanks!!!

Bill

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You probably don't need front washers - and I'm not sure they're possible for the one-inch kit. I have the two-inch kit and no washers - very happy!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I'd really like the 2 inch kit but then the wife couldn't drive the Viper and she has made it VERY clear that until I buy her a yellow Viper she better be able to drive my 'hello officer' red Viper ;) ;)

Bill

Wish my wife would say that as I'd be out buying a second Viper "for her" in a New York minute!

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had some troubles to install the 1'' kit though not a big deal. I needed to file a little the kit.I had to change the chain on the kit (the chain was very poor quality).

The kit is really good. I fit perfectly with the helmet in the car.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had this same conversation with Chuck Tator recently (as I'm about to install the 1" kit). He can correct me if I'm wrong, but he is strongly against using washers under the front side of the seat. The reason is that the entire seat rail is designed to lay flush on the car floor. If you add washers under the forward edge, you now reduce the surface are between the seat rail and the floor to a mere 4 spot points rather than a linear 14-16 inches. The only way to do it properly (without significantly reducing strength) is to fabricate a "full seat rail length wedge" that would allow for the front edge of the seat to be raised without reducing the contact area.

Maybe that helps?

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cut the rear uprights on my stock seat rails which lowered the back about an inch and left the front stock so I got the support under my legs. Just got back from MAM and my helmet fit. I'm roughly 6'1"