Secondary Cats = Codes

604SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have checked out all the exhaust posts and don't want to keep beating up the same topic, but today I made an appointment to get the Mopar Cat Back exhaust installed on the weekend and told them I want the secondary cat removed, the guy at this hi performance shop out here in Vancouver, BC said that if I remove the secondary cat I'll get a check engine light. I told him that there are lots of guys running no secondary cats without any controllers etc. So for the last time will I have any problems???? Like I said I don't mean to beat this issue to death just don't want any hassles!!!!!!!!!!

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No codes! If you look at you O2 sensors, the secondary ones are between the the primary and secondary cats. there is no electronic engine monitoring after the secondary cats, so the engine doesnt know if they are there or not.

For the record, I have the Mopar Performance exhaust without secondary cats for several thousand miles. No Codes !

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
NO CODES.

As far as the PCM is concerned, the secondary cats arent even there to begin with.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe someone can help me, I don't have codes, but I do have 3 "not ready" conditions that appeared after this mod 3 years ago... These have always been there, and I have never lost power. They are: cat not ready, heater not ready, and o2 not ready. I thought I fixed this with sims. No one else seems to have these problems, and I agree, when you hook this up to a normal scanner, it shows no codes, but I still can't pass inspection in TX since these flags don't show ready. I'm thinking maybe I take the sims off and drive around for awhile, and see if that gets em ready, but after the mod I drove around a long while after the mod, and had this condition...

I took it to my mechanic yesterday, and he's at a loss, and I got these sims from JonB, so they aren't the cheapo ones...

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
maybe someone can help me, I don't have codes, but I do have 3 "not ready" conditions that appeared after this mod 3 years ago... These have always been there, and I have never lost power. They are: cat not ready, heater not ready, and o2 not ready. I thought I fixed this with sims. No one else seems to have these problems, and I agree, when you hook this up to a normal scanner, it shows no codes, but I still can't pass inspection in TX since these flags don't show ready. I'm thinking maybe I take the sims off and drive around for awhile, and see if that gets em ready, but after the mod I drove around a long while after the mod, and had this condition...

I took it to my mechanic yesterday, and he's at a loss, and I got these sims from JonB, so they aren't the cheapo ones...

You have to drive the car with properly functioning O2's or Sims to get rid of these. Every time you disconnect the battery or have a CEL of another type, these reset. It takes a certain number of trips without a code or disconnect to get a "ready" status.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang