seibon carbon fiber hood info

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question. I was looking at them the other day as well. I have to say, their add does not instill confidence. Full of "unusual " sentence structure.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that it is of much relevance to the Viper, but I had a Seibon CF hood on my 350Z. The quality of the carbon work was excellent and the fit and finish was great. The painter had to fill just a few pin-holes in the vents but other than that it needed very little work besides painting.

Here's a picture:

You must be registered for see images attach

and the underside of the clamshell for reference:

You must be registered for see images attach

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know also. Has anyone purshaced one of these or is someone local that could test fit one?

Vendors?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I understand,(very limited anyway ;) ) those hood are stock hoods with a carbonfibre overlay. Not true carbon fibre, but call them to be sure.

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at them as well, however if you look at their site at Seibon and look under the FAQ questions FAQ #5 states all their hoods require hoodpins...............:crazy2:

So needless to say that made up my mind as I didnt want hood pins on my car.

Tony2

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at them as well, however if you look at their site at Seibon and look under the FAQ questions FAQ #5 states all their hoods require hoodpins...............:crazy2:

So needless to say that made up my mind as I didnt want hood pins on my car.

Tony2

I never put the hood-pins on my car...I never had it much over 80 without them but if I was going near triple-digit speeds, I would certainly put them on. The stock latch mechanism was laid in well, but I wouldn't trust it at high speeds.

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never put the hood-pins on my car...I never had it much over 80 without them but if I was going near triple-digit speeds, I would certainly put them on. The stock latch mechanism was laid in well, but I wouldn't trust it at high speeds.

I had a Seibon CF hood without hood-pins on my Stage 2 Subaru Sti going 120MPH with no problems. Their latch is identical to OEM. I think any aftermarket manufacturer has to issue the warning to cover their ass.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a Seibon CF hood without hood-pins on my Stage 2 Subaru Sti going 120MPH with no problems. Their latch is identical to OEM. I think any aftermarket manufacturer has to issue the warning to cover their ass.

The problem is that the fiberglassing that holds the OEM latch in, I don't trust to be as strong as an OEM attachment. I knew of one person that had his aftermarket hood (not a seibon) fly up on a drag run. Scary stuff.

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here Ive had 2 seibon hoods on a EVO 8 & EVO X both fit well. No hood pins ever I had the 8 over 150mph...

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are probably right, I would imagine they are just trying to cover their rumps. Either way considering the lack of feedback on the hood in regards to quality, fit, finish, etc I decided not to go that route.

Good luck though if you do, be sure to tell us how it fits, etc if and when you do get it as it will help other make their decision too!!

:2tu:

Tony2