Selling a very special project car, '58 Chrysler with 2004 Viper SRT.....

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Selling a very special project car, \'58 Chrysler with 2004 Viper SRT.....

Hi Everyone,
I started this project about a year ago to keep my guys in the shop busy over the winter, but things changed and we do not have time to work on it any further.
We started with a typically rusty '58 Widsor 2 door hardtop and a wrecked 2004 Viper SRT-10 with 1,700 miles.
We got the Viper to where it ran and drove (no bodywork and bad sections of the frame at front and back removed), then dissasembled it.
On the Windsor, we took the body off the frame and disassembled the car.
The frame we built is a combination of Viper, Windsor and fabbed frame. The suspension area is all Viper with the very front and rear most sections Windsor, so the body and bumpers would mount correctly.
The car is a semi roller right now, with the engine and suspension in and the body sitting on the frame.
Before I start parting out the package, I thought I'd let you guys know about it.
It will make a really neat car when done, I just have too many things going on in the shop and have to take care of business.
I can use the money elsewhere in the company for equipment I need.
If anyone is interested, the best thing is to contact me by e-mail at [email protected]
Regards,
Sean

58-windsor.jpg

58-current.jpg

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Selling a very special project car, \'58 Chrysler with 2004 Viper SRT.....

when fiished, that would be awesome... don't what how the collector value would be affected, but just as a fun weekend driver would be cool. :2tu:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So how much are you looking for?
Note an incomplete project will probably not equal the value of parts and time (even a completed car normally does not come close but a partially completed one should even be less).

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I'd like to get about $16K, but am willing to entertain offers.
I figure that I will part it out if necessary.
But it would be nice to see it get finished.

PS, the wheels are turned slightly to the right in the pic, giving the appearance of not being in the correct position fore and aft. When the wheels are straight, the centerline of the Viper wheels is in the same place as the original '58. For ride height, the plan was to use the same height as a Viper, plus maybe an inch in the rear (using Aldan shocks).

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is a really cool project car, it would be a shame to part it out after all your work. :nana:

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Is the Chrysler body repaired, or still rusty as before? Do you have all the stock parts off the Chrysler? Was either an A/C car? Power steering and brakes from the Viper? Is the engine and trans. mated up and joined to rear axle? What does it need to be as drivable as the wrecked Viper when you started tearing it down to install in the Chrysler? Thanks, Sean. That's I car I could learn to love-IF I could complete it. I have the interior from an unrestored '61 Chrysler 300G that would look great in that car.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hey austin, lets see how good you are with this car! ;)

jmarkswell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Selling a very special project car, \'58 Chrysler with 2004 Viper SRT...

Looked better before the Viper conversion, maybe you should return it to stock. It may be worth more that way. Nice attempt though.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Selling a very special project car, \'58 Chrysler with 2004 Viper SRT...

The way I intended the project to finish, the only giveaway that it was modified would be the wheels and it being lowered. The body and trim is not changed.

Flyngtr,
No bodywork done yet. Was not an A/C car. Everything is still here (trim, glass, etc). Motor, trans, etc, sold (354 Poly motor).
A/C, power brakes, ABS, etc would all be from the '04 Viper SRT. Basically, consider it like stretching a Viper frame and putting a '58 Windsor body on it.
The project needs some frame work to be finished, a floor fabbed, etc. Nothing real difficult, just time consuming.
If it has no interest, I'll probably part it out entirely. It's franklly worth more in parts, but it would be nice to see it finished one day too. Right now, it's just taking up space and I need another CNC Mill.

Regards,
Sean

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960