Sentry Guard warranty

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's up guys.

Does anyone know if the Sentry Guard warranty is the same as the 7/70 powertrain warranty? Do they cover the same things? Or are they two different kind of warratnies?

The reason I ask is because I paid 3K for this sentry guard warranty when I got my used 04 Viper, yet, I just received a letter from Chrysler offering me this 7/70 warranty for $150. The dealer never even mentioned this warranty (7/70) to me prior to the purchase. Were they supposed to?

Thanks

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you may have bought an after market warranty, not the warranty that is affiliated with DCX. Dealers sell these because there is more profit in it for them compared tothe DCX warranty. what dealer did you buy your car from? the price on the warranty seems high also. i paid much less than that with a zero deductable for the DCX Maxcare which is most comprehensive one that is backed by DCX

OP
OP
F

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike Riehl's , Roseville MI.

I wonder why they did not mention the 7/70 powertrain warranty to me, rather i was informed by Chrysler themselves. Is that the norm??

Thanks Sylvan

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your car somes with a 7/70 drivetrain warranty from the factory, the maxcare i bought covers additional parts that the std warranty does not, i paid for the most coverage and zero deductable. this is tranferable to a next owner for a fee. My question to you is who/what company is your warranty through? That is important, the warranty is only as good as the company that stands behind it! there was another thread about a person who bought a warranty from another company(i forget the name) and the company went bust or disapeared and now they are out a bunch of money. Look at the brochure and or sales contract on the warranty and look who the company is!

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealer sold you a non Chrysler related warranty. Chrysler is not involved - it was between you, the dealer and the warranty company.

Dealers (and electronics stores) try this all of the time. It is buyer beware. The only person responsible to evaluate options before buiying is the buyer.

I hope you did not fall for the undercoating as well (another common dealer persuaded loss of money).

TommyLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The $150 is to transfer the 7/70 Powertrain Warranty. If you don't do this, there will be no 7/70, as it no longer comes with the car.

OP
OP
F

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealer sold you a non Chrysler related warranty. Chrysler is not involved - it was between you, the dealer and the warranty company.

Dealers (and electronics stores) try this all of the time. It is buyer beware. The only person responsible to evaluate options before buiying is the buyer.

I hope you did not fall for the undercoating as well (another common dealer persuaded loss of money).

I see.

Thanks everyone

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me with my '04 Hemi Sport. It was some gypsy outfit and I didn't know I wasn't purchasing a DC warranty. At Bill Pemberton's suggestion, I wrote the owner of the dealership. Finally, the money was reimbursed via purchasing a genuine DC warranty.

It's like the others here have said, there's more dealer profit with the gypsy outfit.

I feel sure you'll get satisfaction if you pursue it.

Good Luck......

Don