Sept 30 "Day Before VOI" Open Track Day

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Those attending the Viper Convention who want some additional QUALITY track time the day prior have this opportunity, courtesy of Miller Motorsports Park:

Miller Performance Schools Thursday 9/30

West Track, Your Car, 3 x 25-minute sessions, 1pm-5pm $250 NO INSTRUCTOR. Orientation Ride Prior.

East Track, Your Car, 5 x 25-minute sessions with instructor $685. You may also choose West Track for afternoon. Includes Lunch. 730a-5pm. [JonB note: sched looks to allow 1-2 bonus sessions....ask # below.]

Convertibles require ROLL BARS..... SCCA Approved AutoForm top may be OKd. ASK.

To REGISTER, call MMPS Schools at 432 27-SPEED (77333)

Or full schedule and all details at: Viper School Track Day at Miller Motorsports Park

NOTE: Thanks to CINDY LUX for this heads-up for VRL and VIPER CUP Drivers.

SEE YOU THERE ! JonB ~~~~:<~

ps: Mustang GT rental w/ instructor $2195. FR-500S $2595.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Registration done for the afternoon ! I will miss the presidents' meeting :)

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Those attending the Viper Convention who want some additional QUALITY track time the day prior have this opportunity, courtesy of Miller Motorsports Park:

Miller Performance Schools Thursday 9/30

West Track, Your Car, 3 x 25-minute sessions, 1pm-5pm $250 NO INSTRUCTOR. Orientation Ride Prior.

East Track, Your Car, 5 x 25-minute sessions with instructor $685. You may also choose West Track for afternoon. Includes Lunch. 730a-5pm. [JonB note: sched looks to allow 1-2 bonus sessions....ask # below.]

Convertibles require ROLL BARS..... SCCA Approved AutoForm top may be OKd. ASK.

To REGISTER, call MMPS Schools at 432 27-SPEED (77333)

Or full schedule and all details at: Viper School Track Day at Miller Motorsports Park

NOTE: Thanks to CINDY LUX for this heads-up for VRL and VIPER CUP Drivers.

SEE YOU THERE ! JonB ~~~~:<~

ps: Mustang GT rental w/ instructor $2195. FR-500S $2595.

BUMPED..... I was told this post was hard to find

Dave Scott

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a note to Viper Cup folks: you may NOT drive this Thursday test day in your ACR-X's. You also may NOT do it in a Comp Coupe or any other race prepared Viper. You may do it in a street Viper or any other vehicle that does NOT have any sort of data acquisition.

lynvik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Point to mention:

There is NOT an "Orientation Ride Prior" on the West Track, Open Track afternoon starting at 1PM. The "Parade Lap" that is mentioned on the Viper School Track Day at Miller Motorsports Park site schedule, is something that might happen downtown in the morning according to VOI. It does not involve MMP.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a note to Viper Cup folks: you may NOT drive this Thursday test day in your ACR-X's. You also may NOT do it in a Comp Coupe or any other race prepared Viper. You may do it in a street Viper or any other vehicle that does NOT have any sort of data acquisition.

Sooooo...
The cars that are racing may not participate Thursday.
Who would be running in the "Race prepped" class?

It would seem that if you are not racing, why would you bring your race car to VOI.
Beside this track day, everything else at VOI is basically for "street cars"...:dunno:.
What designates "race prepped"? Motons, open headers?... Not a car that you would use for the rest of the VOI events
The only group smaller than this one would be the "Mustang Group"

Which brings my second question. With everyone wanting more track time to run their Vipers at VOI...
It seems odd to have a "Mustang group" at VOI????....:dunno:
Maybe 1 or 2 sessions for people to rent cars but....:confused:

One last question...
So you can run 3-25 minute afternoon sessions on the west track for $250. That's around $83.00 per session.
Or
You can run 5-25 minute sessions for $685. That's around $137.00 per session...

Am I missing something here?
Granted, you get three sessions on the East track but for 21/2 to 3 times the price????
-Both sessions have "observation coaching"...:dunno:

Don't get me wrong. I WILL be on the track that Thursday. just trying to understand the format.

Thanks

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Might be a misprint, but no instruction for the West course and the three sessions.

You gotta pay to have the experts make you go faster -- hence the money diff.

Dave Scott

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sooooo...
The cars that are racing may not participate Thursday.

The VRL cars may do what they wish. The Dodge Viper Cup operates under much more restrictive rules regarding testing within 7 days of a sanctioned race.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dave Scott;2884544The [B said:
VRL cars may do what they wish.[/B] The Dodge Viper Cup operates under much more restrictive rules regarding testing within 7 days of a sanctioned race.

"You also may NOT do it in a Comp Coupe or any other race prepared Viper".

"The VRL cars may do what they wish"

I thought VRL cars were "race prepared"....?

:rolaugh: I am not trying to cause a problem or confusion.
I know you guys are workin' your butts off getting this together for us.
I'm sure we will figure it out. I can hardly wait....:D

FWIW... I know this is a lot of work to schedule all this stuff.

Thanks for your efforts.......:2tu:

Dave Scott

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"You also may NOT do it in a Comp Coupe or any other race prepared Viper".

"The VRL cars may do what they wish"

I thought VRL cars were "race prepared"....?

:rolaugh: I am not trying to cause a problem or confusion.
I know you guys are workin' your butts off getting this together for us.
I'm sure we will figure it out. I can hardly wait....:D

FWIW... I know this is a lot of work to schedule all this stuff.

Thanks for your efforts.......:2tu:

Sorry for any confusion, but I said that Viper Cup racers could not drive the track on 9/30 in any of those prohibited vehicles. VRL racers do not have similar prohibitions on their activities. 2 different leagues, 2 different sets of drivers, 2 different sets of rules.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for any confusion, but I said that Viper Cup racers could not drive the track on 9/30 in any of those prohibited vehicles. VRL racers do not have similar prohibitions on their activities. 2 different leagues, 2 different sets of drivers, 2 different sets of rules.

Thanks...

See you there !

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte