SF Car Show

wartornwarhorse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Saw the 08 Viper there again, took my buddy to see it, hes the fella who helped me out with the "locked out" situation I had earlier.. besides the nice Dodge Viper Girl there, who let me take a pic alongside the 08, but, not with her. :dunno: Too Bad! O well, her loss. ;) I had to pry my friend away from the mini vans, after chasing him down in the ever so fascinating KIA mini van area, he tends to wander away, I dragged him back and got the pic with the Viper.... I will post as soon as he sends it.

Also, I took note of the terrible paint jobs on near all of the cars there at the show. Every one of em had a nasty orange peel problem that was very evident in the good lighting there. O, except on the nicer exotics, and on the viper of course. I am not sure what the paint process is on the Viper, but it is damn nice paint, with a mostly glassy appearance.

I saw the orange peel on 90k plus Benzes, Porsches, fancy Audis, lexus, you name it... O yes the Vette could have used a much better paint job, there were even some pits and drips I saw.... Also, Plastic Chrome was poplular!!! :confused: from chevys, all the way up to Bentleys!! ??? I must be going crazy I thought, a Bentley, the pargagon of quality automobiles, with a plastic chrome grill?? I actually started having an anxiety attack there on the spot, it pissed me off so bad!!!

Anyhow just my 2 cents :omg:

OP
OP
W

wartornwarhorse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okidoki, here's the pics I promised.. I was lucky they did'nt call security on me, for the first one with the Viper, I am up on the spinning turn table giving a sales pitch for the car at that moment...:drive:
The new Camaro there, is only a rolling chassis, no motor, no interior, though, it was fantastic, what a great looking car, from what the nice Chevy lady said, it won't be out till first part of 2009:dunno: Truth is it looked cooler than the Vette, and most other cars there.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
W

wartornwarhorse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looked very nice, a sassy and classy sort of color, a great way to have red but, not the kind of red that will get your license pulled! I should have brightend the pic up a bit, but you can see the reflection there, near the headlight, it is pretty vibrant.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx for posting the pics of the Venom Red Viper (awesome color!) and the Camaro...it's growing on me...but I still don't get blown away.
~juli

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a buddy that just ordered a new Vette, and I told him the fit and finish has a LOT to be desired.....I'll show him your post!!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a buddy that just ordered a new Vette, and I told him the fit and finish has a LOT to be desired.....I'll show him your post!!!

Well, I have the '08 436hp paddle-shifting Corvette...always wanted to try paddle shifters...the fit and finish on the Vette are great...but the BLACK VIPER outshines them all~~by far!!! (Actually had to bring the Vette back in for scratch repair on hood that were there when bought~~other than that, no issues) ~juli

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to the SF auto show.... big dissapointment. I wanted to see the challenger, GT-R, caliber SRT-4, bumblebee camaro and so on and they had none of those. I did see the viper though and IT LOOK AMAZING!! the hood is nice and aggressive and the venom was a very cool color to see in person. I did notice however that the rear diffusers are different on the 08. Don't know the terms but in simple language the four diffusers went though the two rectangles ( that are conected to it) instead of being open like the 03-06, anyone get what im saying, or notice that??

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, the show sucked. Drove 250 mile round trip...only thing worth seeing was the Camaro and of course the 08 Viper. Yes the Viper had nice paint-better than my 06 even...but it is a pre-production car so we'll have to see what the delivered cars lppk like.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960