she's bucking

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
small issue, had a plugging cat so I switched out the exhaust and installed a new hi-flo cat and cat back, power is back, no more CEL but I did notice while cruising she starts to buck a little, so I down shift and run the rpm alittle higher for a few seconds and it goes away, should I have unplugged(reset) my computer after exhaust was swapped out???

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had 2 vipers convertibe and a coupe never had this problem maybe your just to low in the rpms, it would do it sometimes riding through a parking lot but that's it

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first was 04 very and I have an 06 coupe now. Never had a problem with bucking other than sometime at very low rpms, my 04 ram srt10 is the same also

OP
OP
S

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an 06 vert, and it as at a low RPM but not too low, cruise around 2k next time I'll see what RPM it was doing it at, but since it seems like it is not a rare issue, and she dont stall, I guess we will deal with it, MAMBA let me know if tune helps

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It's an issue for my in my 04, but it's usually only in certain cases. I mostly notice it when I'm just barely on the throttle to maintain speed, like on a very slight decline or very level ground. I think it's probably so little throttle that the computer thinks I'm almost in an idle condition or something. 20 mph can be tough to try to maintain in my car. Once the bucking starts it will usually just escalate until I just press in the clutch and start over. Sometimes I can modulate the throttle to settle it down, but it's usually easier to just clutch in and start fresh.

pittVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When tuned properly that will stop. Get it on a dyno with a proper SCT tune and "buck be gone" magic will happen.

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow is all I can say. Just got my SCT tune back from Sean at Roe Racing. Bucking gone!!!!!!!!! Love the way my car feels now. Thanks Sean

I also noticed the deceleration pop is gone to, oh well.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've heard the tune is supposed to help. I got an SCT with my car with some tunes on it from a local shop to the guy I bought the car from. Been debating getting an updated tune from some of the more well known tuners on the forums. Would like to get a run at a dyno sometime to see where I am to start with though.

Also, I think you can request how much popping you want on your tune, that's pretty easy to change from what I hear.

OP
OP
S

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well took car out yesterday, car was warmed up and cruising at 45 -55 and the bucking started, tried differenent gears and it wouldn't stop, then CEL came on, it just didnt feel right, you had to use the pedal alot more for it to respond, once I shut it off we sat awhile. then when we got started again it ran good even at a set speed for miles, my guess is the CO2 sensor IS bad, thought it was just from clogged cats before but the bucking is back. so I guess a tune will be in the works soon, even if my popping goes away

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well took car out yesterday, car was warmed up and cruising at 45 -55 and the bucking started, tried differenent gears and it wouldn't stop, then CEL came on, it just didnt feel right, you had to use the pedal alot more for it to respond, once I shut it off we sat awhile. then when we got started again it ran good even at a set speed for miles, my guess is the CO2 sensor IS bad, thought it was just from clogged cats before but the bucking is back. so I guess a tune will be in the works soon, even if my popping goes away

Did you check what code caused the CEL? That would tell you right away if it was an O2 sensor (not CO2 by the way) or not. I've had two Gen 3s and neither bucked at any rpm. I would take to a Viper Tech and have them check the O2s and throttle position sensor.

Raven

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Gen IV does it at low speed in a parking lot, like when trying to idle through in 1st.