Shift Beeper

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed a pretty cool product on my 04. A shift beeper that acts just like a shift light but better. It can give you a 100 rpm 200 rpm or 300 rpm spread before you shift. Example setting it to two hundred and the shift point to 5500 it first beeps at 4900 then 5100 then 5300 then a steady beep at 5500. Never take you eyes off the road and you can hear clearly. Just finished it last night. It just needs a tach output a positive (switched) and a ground.:2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like what I put on my GTS. Hid everything inside the interior panel between the seats.

Set mine at 300 rpm increments because with 3.73's 100 rpm goes by way too fast.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did have to get the tach signal from the PCM. I needed an 12" tall electrician to stand in my footwell to make that tap but instead my 6-4 ass learned the footwell wedge dance :rolaugh:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canyon707,

When your up and running & feel you have your new Drag Racing Gadget dialed in, maybe you can shoot video of a run with sound so we can hear the madness, I mean magic.

Interested in the technology,
Toddy

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did have to get the tach signal from the PCM. I needed an 12" tall electrician to stand in my footwell to make that tap but instead my 6-4 ass learned the footwell wedge dance :rolaugh:
Seems like everytime you work on these cars it's like working in a dark cave with no room to move. Pulling the tap into the dirver side compartment was really difficult. you have to work on your knees outside the car. Also you have to remove the tire, and the inner fender well to make the runs. It's very doable but like I said it's dark even with a light and hard to reach. :drive:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like everytime you work on these cars it's like working in a dark cave with no room to move. Pulling the tap into the dirver side compartment was really difficult. you have to work on your knees outside the car. Also you have to remove the tire, and the inner fender well to make the runs. It's very doable but like I said it's dark even with a light and hard to reach. :drive:

Or you could have put the car on my lift, saved your knees and have me oversee the entire installation :lmao:

Glad it worked out, did you do Infineon last night?

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George thanks for the offer. That would have been nice but, I only had a few ours here and there to do the work. I finally finished last night and took it out for a spin. I wanted to go racing last night but by the time I was finished it was a bit late to head over to the track next week lets all go out again. I will see if Greg and John want to go also maybe Todd. He said something about going to San Jose to some Dodge BBQ I think I could be down for that. Anyway it's working and now I am working on my dual launch/Shift light. Todd wants me to get into the low 11's. I told him he shoud go there first.
Later Chris