Shift Knob

NeilS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know how to change the shift knob I ordered a red SRT-10 shift knob from Dan at Viper Specialty Performance, I was wondering should I do it or go to the dealer Thanks

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it a replacement knob, its easy. Search there are probably threads wih pics.
Takes about 10 minutes to remove the allen head bolts from shifter bezel and then access the nut to loosen, and remove shift knob.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
really simple, use the allen key to remove bezel so you wont scratch it, then yoll need to wrenches. one to hold the bottom nut around the knob and one to screw off the top part. took me about 15mins

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea, u can do it while u're siting in the drivers seat. just put u're tools on the passenger seat. hell u can even listen to the radio while u're doing it. Try the mgw bezel , looks real nice

10539PICT0022.JPG

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea, u can do it while u're siting in the drivers seat. just put u're tools on the passenger seat. hell u can even listen to the radio while u're doing it. Try the mgw bezel , looks real nice

10539PICT0022.JPG

wallbanger,

pull the boot up over that wrench flats on your knob and it will look cleaner.
some people do like it like you have it but try it as it looks better i think.
i designed that little indention area for the boot to rest.

regards
george

mgw

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know how to change the shift knob I ordered a red SRT-10 shift knob from Dan at Viper Specialty Performance, I was wondering should I do it or go to the dealer Thanks

While all the posts below are really helpful why have you not contacted Dan at Viper Specialty Performance and asked him how to do it as he made the profit on the shifter knob he sold you. Did he provide you with directions? He should be more than happy to spend all the time you need explaining how to install the knob he sold you.