Shift points

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone experimented with their shift points at the strip. It seems as though shifting a few hundred RPM's before the redline in the middle to high gears allows for a higher trap speed, can anyone verify this?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not for an SRT. I found near red line was best (5800-5900), but preventing from hitting the rev limiter. Using the dash shift light was reasonably close. First gear is quite difficult to shift high without an occasional rev limiter so I have started to short shift 1st (before Paxton). Post Paxton you must short shift. Too much power in 1st.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not for an SRT. I found near red line was best (5800-5900), but preventing from hitting the rev limiter. Using the dash shift light was reasonably close. First gear is quite difficult to shift high without an occasional rev limiter so I have started to short shift 1st (before Paxton). Post Paxton you must short shift. Too much power in 1st.

not really post paxton just post runcraps. After i got rid of those pos runcrap and got dragradials its a much much better

vd..

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

not really post paxton just post runcraps. After i got rid of those pos runcrap and got dragradials its a much much better

vd.. [/quo

What tires did you do front and back? And did they change your cornering any?

Herc

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Drag radials (bfg) in the rear and pirelli's in the front. And yes they did change the way the car handles. Its a trade off. 1000% BETTER LAUNCH. And 20% worse handling around turns. For me the switch was a no brainer. I had no traction til mid 3rd gear b/f the switch.

vd..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine