Shifter moves to right when nailing the throttle in 1st and 2nd gear?

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had to get a new transmission installed this week under warranty.

Now I have noticed a lot more shifter movement and vibration, especially when nailing the gas in 1st and 2nd gear. When this happens in 1st and 2nd gear, it seems the entire shift knob moves quite a bit toard the the passenger side of the car????

Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be?

Thanks!

OP
OP
C

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips....Could I do this myself or should I just take it back to the dealer?

Thanks

OP
OP
C

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks viper spray.....So i guess it is a motor mount or a tranny mount.

I guess i will send it back to the dealer again to get this issue solved....Thanks

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have access to a lift it is easy enough to tighten the motor mounts or trans mount.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, mine does it in neutral and in 1st and 2nd gear. I had Chuck Tator check it 3000 miles ago and everything was normal. Although it does it considerably LESS with my MGW Gripper. If you watch the shifter in 2nd, when you get on the go pedal...the torque from the motor causes this movement to the right. This is another reason why 3rd. gear is such a problem to find under high rpms. Usually the left side motor mount goes bad from engine torque.

This is what I was told.

Dave

Stugots, if it does it in neutral..it does it under load/torque also.

OP
OP
C

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again Jack...I may check into doing that sometime this week.

2BADD, Sounds like exactly the issue I have. Mine did not do this before my new transmission though.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A member on the other site posted this, and I ordered one. spray......................: "O.K. guys, after my first Viper Days event, had the Viper on the lift, servicing the tranny, noticed the stock tranny mount was broken. You know, the rubber was destroyed! Got a new one at the Dodge house. Man, what a weak design, basically a rubber isolator, prone to breaking! Noticed it was very similar to the garden variety mount GM used on Oh, about 10 gazillion vehilces.
So I got a Energy Suspension Performance Polyurethane transmission mount for a GM. Fits perfect - a straight bolt in! Raised my B&M Short shifter with MGW Viper ball approx. 3/4", the Dodge mount had collapsed. 2 weeks ago at the Viper Days World Finals, no missed shifts, and with the ball up slightly, it is actually easier to shift, along with the RedLine tranny fluid.
So, next time you a rattling tranny, or feel your shifter moving around as you lay down the torque, install the Energy Suspension Poly Trans. mount #3.1108G "

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CMilViper - please check your tranny mount. You will also notice a loud bang if you downshift aggressively. After getting the mount fixed, I noticed much less vibration. But, after only 2 months, I think my mount is broken again. I would def look into getting that aftermarket mount.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi