Shifter NOT smooth

Brian Denham

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done the same thing to my 00 gts. Replaced the factory shift knob with an mgw and could tell a world of difference. If you really want to see some improvement, go for replacing the shifter with a short throw like B&M or SVSi. There is even a recipe for it on the main page. Good luck!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a B&M Ripper Shifter, and I use a Momo Combat shift knob. It's a lot better than stock, but nowhere NEAR as nice as my friend's C5 Vette and it's light years behind my other friend's Audi A4.

There is a limit to how much a shifter will help. The Viper is not a car that you can snick into and out of gears too quickly. A shifter and shift knob will help, but I don't think you will be able to get it as nice as your Civic without changing to a different kind of tranny fluid, which will void your tranny warranty.

SRTim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have the Ripper Shifter, and I feel it was not worth the money. Not the improvement I expected. I also have the MGW shift knob, and I do reccomend it. It is high quality, makes shifts crisper, and customizes the interior of the Viper.

Tim

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SVSi short throw shifter with the newer, heavier springs is a significant improvement over stock; probably about as good as it gets for a Viper.

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy holidays from SVSi. We have a special on our shifter for
$275.00 until Jan 1. By the best and you wont have to worry .

SVSI