Shipper damage part 2 pics FE 155

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pictures are of the left and right side of the rocker panel damage. Viper is a FE 2002.
Shipper just wants to repair them. Question is whats the right and fair way to handle this. Just have these repaired or a used set that is in good condition and needs to be painted. The Viper was in very nice shape when I bought it:dunno:. Thanks for the replys.

attachment.php

attachment.php

FTGDUHGKCFGHK

Attachments

• IMG_4542_0415S.JPG
    IMG_4542_0415S.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_4532_0405S.JPG
    IMG_4532_0405S.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 304

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shipper should **** and pay for NEW ones plus paint given everyone's comments on how dented aluminum will behave, PERIOD! Me myself I wouldn't settle for used but that's just me.
First time damaging a car or not they are fully responsible and should make every effort to undo this, I have a feeling they want to chicken out by going el-cheapo on the repairs.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Absolutely push for NEW or USED/unrepaired... preferable from the same color car. DO NOT repair those panels with any type of filler, it wont take the heat well.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to Call JonB and get prices, PLUS talk to him about diminished value. He will absolutely be the best guy to use as a reference to talk to them AND their insurance company. He has been wildy successful in the past with this. If they are dragging their feet on new replacements this is a call you need to make!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id have told him to take the car back where it came cause thats not the one i bought

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would've used the driver's head to bang out the dents in the side sills. But that's just me. :D Seriously, I'd be pissed. Sorry to hear about this. Don't settle for a patch job, have them replace the sills with new ones. Keep us posted.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch!!
Agree with what everyone else has said. Shipper needs to man up and move on. Hope it all works out for you.

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You need to Call JonB and get prices, PLUS talk to him about diminished value. He will absolutely be the best guy to use as a reference to talk to them AND their insurance company. He has been wildy successful in the past with this. If they are dragging their feet on new replacements this is a call you need to make!
I second that, JonB is the man to talk to!

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The shipper didn't realize that the large ratchet handle was way too close to the car!!!! What a DUNCE!! :bonker::brick::shocked::rant::chair::hit::leave:

OP
OP
V

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The shippers were ( Auto trans experts :crazy2: ) I almost have all the information I need and will call them Wendsday. I talked to Jon B and he has 2 nice used sills one I believe is silver and the other is red . I was also PM ed about onthere set as well.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That photo makes me sick! Fever, make sure you get EXACTLY what you want (and deserve)! When it's all done and the checks clear, please let us all know who to avoid as transporters!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, thats rookie mistake.. Straps should go around the tire (tread area only), or on the frame hooks.... No were else..

sorry to hear about this..

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shipper should **** and pay for NEW ones plus paint given everyone's comments on how dented aluminum will behave, PERIOD! Me myself I wouldn't settle for used but that's just me.
First time damaging a car or not they are fully responsible and should make every effort to undo this, I have a feeling they want to chicken out by going el-cheapo on the repairs.
WELL SAID, get NEW ones, why should YOU have to have a Repired or Used part because some idiot screwed up your baby. He needs to cough up new parts + paint and labor for whoever does it.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carl, it looks like it is unanimous on what everyone else thinks.
I agree.
You don't have to be an a$$hole to the shipping co., just get what you deserve.

The point of this whole mess is that you did not buy the Viper with damage, or even repaired damage. You bought a clean, unmolested car and THEY failed to deliver that.
You paid them to bring it to you in the condition you flew all the way to FL to verify. It did not state in the contract that it may not show up the same as when it went on the truck. It is their job to bring the car to you exactly the way it was in FL.

Consequently, they failed and must pay to have it returned to its original condition, while making you satisfied with the outcome. That is why they carry insurance.
The only way it will be like it was before is to replace with parts that were not previously repaired. If they are experienced in transporting expensive cars they should know that's how it is.

Honestly, I think you have a pretty straight-forward case and they will not put up much of a fight.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, I think you should push for brand new ones since you have to paint them anyway. Or at least find some that are factory painted red.