Shipping a Viper to Europe

Guy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Been through the usual search of the good 'ol forum and picked up a few tips, however most posts are 4 years old.

I only want to ship the car in a container, definitely no ro-ro. I will take care of all the import duties, VAT, SVA, MOT etc.. on my side.

Can anyone here recommend a good, safe, reliable shipping company? The Viper will be leaving the US from the Chicago area and will go to Cyprus.

Any input appreciated!

Guy

P.S. How do they get such a wide car into the freakin' container without damaging the doors? It's a street serpent no less..:):(

Reaction score
Guy,

We have used a company called Emotrans that ships out of the great lakes area. They were always very easy to work with.

Ocean Freight Quote Request

[email protected]

By the way it is NOT fun tying down a Viper or anything in the container! You will be responsible for the straps and any padding materials needed. If at all possible I would have someone you know and trust do the tie down just so you know for sure although they would be fine also, this would be more for your piece of mind.

Good luck

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to PM YoTony. He's taken his car with him to Greece a few times. "backnblack" is his VCA handle.

OP
OP
G

Guy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys!

CitySnake, thanks for the info, however, I can't seem to find a user by the name of "backnblack" on this forum..

Would you perhaps have another way for me to contact him? Please send me any details of his by PM. Coincidentally, I am planning on shipping the car very near to Greece!

EDIT: I found him!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery