shipping rims

Matthew Klinger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question for the forum.

When shipping wheels via FedEx ground, what's the best way to pack them? I was thinking of using 2 pieces of card board on either side with a piece of styrafoam to protect against the chrome. Heavily taped of course.

Would this do any good? Would this do any harm?

Thanks

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can saran wrap them then put cardboard on.... saran wrap more, then tape all around. I've shipped 1/2 dozen rims/tires like this. This is assuming they have tires thou. If it was just rims I wouldnt do that.

OP
OP
M

Matthew Klinger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have some regular styrafoam (enough for 2 I think) and 2" foam (like for a mattress) for the other 2.

I just don't want to screw them up for the reciever, cause mine were slightly damaged by FedEx.

Thanks again

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used UPS boxes large enough for me to set each rim on top of 1 or more pieces of 3/4" thick foam (from Home Depot). AND surround the rim with box-wide widths of the same foam, AND place a couple layers of foam on top of the rim.

If you're shipping something like 2 tires stacked together, put one UPS box upside down over the top of another, then tape them together to form one large box

Everyome I shipped rims to was happy with how they arrived.

:)

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be afraid to overpack your rims with extra cardboard layers. Be sure to protect the edges of the rims as they tend to break out of the box and get scratched or dented. An extra half pound of cardboard is very cheap insurance.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte