rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's a "reasonable" number of shop hours for the following mods:

- Complete rear gear swap
- Heavy duty half shafts
- Half shaft safety loops
- EBC red break pads

I'm talking about a paid tech to do the work, not me and a 12 pack on a Saturday afternoon. :D

Thanks,

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Labor time sounds real reasonable. Wish my techs could work that fast!!! Sounds expensive with parts for a complete differential assy. Sure glad I can do it myself and just get the gears and bearing kits. But the labor would eat time for complete cost. :cool:

OP
OP
R

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Chuck, I could "almost" afford to ship my car to you for that price. :D Guys here are quoting me about twice as much time. Although, slightly lower cost per/hr. Doesn't matter, they get more of my $$ none the less.

Hopefully my original post was clear, perhaps not. I'm asking them to change out the original 3.07 gear for a 3.33 set I have. They are not just swapping out the pumpkin.

Thanks,

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully my original post was clear, perhaps not. I'm asking them to change out the original 3.07 gear for a 3.33 set I have. They are not just swapping out the pumpkin.

Pumpkin swap is about 2 hours.

Steve

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve
:rolleyes:

Maybe on a GEN1 [no exhaust in the way!]! :bonker:

Besides the diff R&R, gear change 4 to 6 hrs.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve

Maybe on a GEN1 [no exhaust in the way!]!

Chuck,

We changed out the differential assembly on my GEN II, start to finish, in 2 hours and 15 minutes at my local shop. This includes loading the new one up with fluid. Neither I nor the guy whose shop I was at had ever done a Viper rear end before. I will say everything went very well which may not always be the case. I don't think it took 20 minutes to drop the Belanger exhaust down. ....Didn't have to get into the side sills at all. Maybe that's the difference. I don't remember what the stock set up looked like. It's been off the car for over 5 years

Steve

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,

We changed out the differential assembly on my GEN II, start to finish, in 2 hours and 15 minutes at my local shop. This includes loading the new one up with fluid. Neither I nor the guy whose shop I was at had ever done a Viper rear end before. I will say everything went very well which may not always be the case. I don't think it took 20 minutes to drop the Belanger exhaust down. ....Didn't have to get into the side sills at all. Maybe that's the difference. I don't remember what the stock set up looked like. It's been off the car for over 5 years

Steve

That's great Steve you got an easy one! It does depend on what exhaust system you have! Some of the exhaust systems I HAVE fought with!! Two guys with torches for an hour just to get them separated! So when I say 3 to4 hours I am covered but if it only take me 2 hours that is all I charge my customers!