Shops in va that can tune a roe.

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished a roe install and just needed to know if there are any good shops in the Va area that have the ability to tune the vec 2 and can do it well. Any help would be great thanks

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you install a AF monitor? Do you have the Roe logging program to tweak the VEC?

Learning how to adjust AF is not difficult then visit a local dyno and do it yourself

If you have questions Sean is available to help.

This is how I did it...I dont know of any dyno shops in the Metro area that know Roe.

PM me if you need further help.

Rick

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no i dont have the stuff to log and tune myselfe. i bought the kit used from a fellow member on the board. ill call bernie to see but just wanted to ask here to see if anyone had any experiance with any shops. i know a lot can tune with the aem but i cant afford to switch over right now.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cards supplied with the 5 lb roe kit are OK as is. You may be able to improve the AF but this will vary with ambient temp. A card for each season is one way to deal with this or a VEC3 with a compensating feature.(needs to be adjusted as well)

I have the VEC2, 6lb pulley using W/M and drive when temps are above 60...AF holds steady to 90 degrees.

A dyno shop is a good place for before and after base readings but not the best place to tune IMO.

I tried this twice so I have some experience.

A better method is street tuning but track officials can be a problem in many areas. lol

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im running a 10# pulley on my 96. i got 2 cards from roe one for no **** and one for ****. right now with the no **** the car runs pretty good and drives like stock under normal driving conditions. Ive got on it a few times and during the transition from vacume to boost the car hesitates or something like a hesitation then it just rips through the rpms until i shift and on some of the shifts it will do the same. it doesnt do it everytime but id say it does it more than not. i also pulled one ofthe front plugs and it was a little white. ive driven the car about 150 miles since the install if that helps any. also if anyone can help me tune it im up for that to. ill get the stuff from roe to tune the vec 2 and anything else ill need. but ill meet anyone thats willing to help me out. other mods to the car other than the roe blower and vec 2 are msd bap, belanger headers, no cats, corsa catback, 3.55 rear gears, and i think thats it for mods that affects power.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nate it sounds like you are off to a good start.

You may need more fuel or less timing at the transition point... I had the same problem when I installed W/M. Also you can adjust the fuel trim for each injector to fix the plug issue.

To do this yourself install a A/F monitor...I use the DynoJet model but many others like this:

Universal Digital Tuning Products and Tuning Tools from Innovate Motorsports

and wire it to the VEC.

My O2 sensor is on the drivers side bend just after the collector but others have sensors on both the left and right banks.

Get the software and load it on a laptop (sits on the passsenger seat so you can start and stop logging) and log some pulls.

You can fix that transition issue while doing some pulls to the legal speed limit.

Once you have the logging files you can E mail them to Sean or Joe Dell and they can tweak the tune and E mail a new tune for you to load. Then go for another drive and log some more.

It will not take long to get familiar with the software and you can take it from there.

If you compare the costs of dyno time to... software, A/F monitor, cheap laptop if you dont's have one,a VEC card burner and some wire you will be saving some $$$ in the long run.

Plus you will be able to make cards to drive in various temps and keep an eye on the A/F.

If you need some help on the details send me a PM and we can trade phone numbers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks im in AZ right now picking up a 05 ram srt-10 that i purchased off of ebay. got a great deal but had to come see and drive it to make sure it was what they said it was. its even got a paxton on it. ill def. use your help when i get ready to start tuning my car again. i have a few things from the install to clean up and then if it hasnt got to nast weather wise ill get your help. but if i cant get to it before the nasty weather ill contact you again once the weather breaks and i start to work on the tune. also i really apreciate everyones help and wanted to say thanks.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nate it sounds like you are off to a good start.

You may need more fuel or less timing at the transition point... I had the same problem when I installed W/M. Also you can adjust the fuel trim for each injector to fix the plug issue.

To do this yourself install a A/F monitor...I use the DynoJet model but many others like this:

Universal Digital Tuning Products and Tuning Tools from Innovate Motorsports

and wire it to the VEC.

My O2 sensor is on the drivers side bend just after the collector but others have sensors on both the left and right banks.

Get the software and load it on a laptop (sits on the passsenger seat so you can start and stop logging) and log some pulls.

You can fix that transition issue while doing some pulls to the legal speed limit.

Once you have the logging files you can E mail them to Sean or Joe Dell and they can tweak the tune and E mail a new tune for you to load. Then go for another drive and log some more.

It will not take long to get familiar with the software and you can take it from there.

If you compare the costs of dyno time to... software, A/F monitor, cheap laptop if you dont's have one,a VEC card burner and some wire you will be saving some $$$ in the long run.

Plus you will be able to make cards to drive in various temps and keep an eye on the A/F.

If you need some help on the details send me a PM and we can trade phone numbers.

Not to OT too far, but how are you Rick? Been awhile.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to OT too far, but how are you Rick? Been awhile.

Kelly we have been focusing on finishing our house project so anything car related is on the back burner.

Less than 100 mi on the Viper in 18 months :omg::omg::omg:

We hope to rap it up in the next couple of months and expect to be ready for car stuff in Spring.:)

How are things with you...any nibbles on your ACR?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang