Short blurb on 2008 Viper in Car and Driver . . .

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice read up! The only thing i disagree with is that many of the mags have gotten the viper under 12 seconds in the quarter mile and in this read it says it hasn't been done till this one

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah,

In 2003 and 2004, most magazines reported SRT-10 quarter mile times of 11.8 and 3.8 for the run to 60.

bigerc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not totally positive that C&D hasn't posted times under 12 before...

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C&D which I have subscribed to for over 30 years is way too old for me.IE:There are more reviews concerning trucks,sport utes and Bedard who used to drive Indy cars does articles on freeway walls.Sad indeed.Time to let the subscription expire.They are going mainstreem which means trucks and sport utes reviewed by people that don't like or understand trucks or sport utes and rave over euro trash.BTW Other mags have the 08 Viper in print.RIP C&D.Write when someone renews their subscription.Hope you maxed your 401K's. GTS Bruce

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually out of maybe a dozen big auto magazine tests over the last 3 years, I only remember one (Motor Trend) getting into the 11s. If You read C&D's most recent test of the Viper coupe they were surprised and please with how well it handled on the track. They preferred it to the Z06.
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/11102/2006-dodge-viper-srt10.html

So it's actually a compliment that they are looking forward to putting the new Viper up against the Z06 again.
And with the Viper's extra power, drivetrain/chassis performance improvements, and PS2 tires it should be decidedly quicker than the Z06 this time.

I just wish that they had the nerve to also run the new Viper against the more pricey European high performance cars like the Porsche 997TT, Ferrari F430, and Lamborghini Gallardo S at the track. :laugh:

bigerc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... If You read C&D's most recent test of the Viper coupe they were surprised and please with how well it handled on the track. They preferred it to the Z06.
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/11102/2006-dodge-viper-srt10.html
I have that issue while they have the Zo6 winning it is a really great viper write up. Now that the viper is improved it should win easily. I look forward to the C&D comparision.

BTW Bedard is annoying

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang