Short throw shifter from Woodhouse

Anders Dahlquist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These guys don't need more publicity but deserve it. I just installed a modified shifter tower from them (175$ if you send in yours as exchange). I had another Viper before with the BM thing. This one is even better. The gate mechanism is now angled towards you so you don't risk to get fourth instead of sixth, reverse instead of fifth or second instead of fourth(if you are really a beginner). You just need to shorten the lever and bingo, light speed action.
Good work Bob and Co. As usual.
Anders

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brand name please. who manufactures your new shifter? 5th instead of reverse, what no lock out?

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the B&M Ripper and only have problems when I'm racing for 1 hr and the trans gets hot. Sometimes I have problems going to 5th.

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Woodhouse shifter is probably the Kip modified stock shifter. It has a stronger spring for the left side, so that it is more difficult to do an errant 3 to 2 when you want a 3 to 4. In my opinion this is the best shifter out there, if used with a solid (non-isolated) stem bolt. These stem bolts are available from SVSI.
All of the aftermarket shifters that I have seen have very weak springs holding the center gate position. They seem to work ok on the street, but on the track, during the anxiety of competition, it is very easy to make an errant 3 to 2, which could blow the engine if not caught in time. Just my 2 cents.