Should Dodge Fix This?

OP
OP
R

randyc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off racing your viper has been a no no from day one and will void your warranty. Using non DC parts will also void your warranty. See the link below for more info. I believe you will find in your warranty book that racing will void the warranty.

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=600295&highlight=warranty

I would contact Chuck Tator and see if he can help you.

Robbie

As I have stated before I was NOT racing my car. The dealer said it had to of been abused for it to brake like that. Also I have spoken with Chuck and he said that it sounds like a dealer problem.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a dealer issue. Anyone who has gone to VOI knows Dodge is not afraid of you tracking the Viper. I own an ACR, it came with five point harnesses and a warranty.

As I recall Dodge had an issue with Gen III diffs locking up and failing. Plenty of info on this site if you do a search regarding this issue. You can also look up TSB's on line, I'm sure you'll find one regarding this issue. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the worst part about buying any car is the dealership. Yes there are exceptions, most notably Tator's and Woodhouse here, but the rule is useless, lying thieves. I could start with my GTO dealer, but I'm going to stop cause my blood is starting to boil. Good Luck!

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is it that people do not understand. This guy keeps saying that he did not race his car. Period. Warranty is being denied for NO good reason.

My advice, call the local rep, take your car to another dealer and forget these jokers. Do you really want to have them EVER work on your car? Really? Heck with them. Take your business elsewhere.

Capitalism.

OP
OP
R

randyc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is it that people do not understand. This guy keeps saying that he did not race his car. Period. Warranty is being denied for NO good reason.

My advice, call the local rep, take your car to another dealer and forget these jokers. Do you really want to have them EVER work on your car? Really? Heck with them. Take your business elsewhere.

Capitalism.

I did take to another dealer and they wouldn't touch it due to the restriction the first dealer put on it.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exact reason you need to get the local area rep involved, like I stated. You have to get around this crap.
1) Get the local rep involved.
2) Have Dodge verify that you are covered under the policy
3) Fix someplace else.

OP
OP
R

randyc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I give up with this BS! I have contacted everyone that should be able to do something about this and the fact is, is that Dodge just doesn't give a ****! I'm convinced that Landers sabitoshed my car to get me to buy parts that I didn't need to make money for themselves. They said the rearend was bad but after getting opinion after opinion from mechanic friends it is apparently fine. Also the tranmission was never disassembled as they said it was because it still had 4 quarts of oil in the transmission. The transmission is afterall bad, but they didn't tear into it to find component failure. They just flat out said it was abused. My overall opinion is that they saw a 28 year old guy with a broken Viper and thought I would be too stupid to know any better and that I would just let them fix my car for the very low price of $8000.00 (LOL!) when I don't even need all the parts they said I did. As far as my rack and pinion steering goes, it was fine before I had the car towed to Landers. I'd never had any problems with it. I checked it out myself after I had it towed home and there is no power steering fluid in the reservoir. And as ya'll all know if there is no power steering fluid in the reservoir the car would over heat, as well as not steer. When I took my car to Landers I didn't mention anything about the car not turning or over heating. I'm just going to fix the car on my own and get rid of it. It takes too long to do this legally and I would have to just let the car sit in my garage for months before it was all over with. I've always had a sports car and mine has been broken for a month now, I'm going through withdrawls!

OP
OP
R

randyc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exact reason you need to get the local area rep involved, like I stated. You have to get around this crap.
1) Get the local rep involved.
2) Have Dodge verify that you are covered under the policy
3) Fix someplace else.

1) Landers contacted the district manager regarding warranty coverage and said they thought my car was abused and that's how they put the restriction on my warranty. 2) Dodge says they can't do anything about the restriction because Landers said that my car was abused. 3) I already tried to get it fixed elsewhere. I had it towed to a different dealership the same day that Landers told me that it couldn't be fixed under warranty, which by the way was the very first day that all of this got started. My car sat at the Crain Dodge dealership for about two weeks while they tried to get it covered under warranty before I finally had it towed home (for fear of it accidently being damaged or scratched in their shop).

Just for clairifacation, is the local rep the same as the district manager?

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Athought I am not a lawyer in your state, I would sue. Call the district manager, tell him you are getting a lawyer. Pay a retainer with an attorney. Have the attorney call the district manager as well. They are not living up to their end of the contract if what you say is true. It seems you have exhausted all options. Local rep=district manager.

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IF all else fails, file a LAWSUIT. This will get their attention, and then you'll at least have some negotiating room. If not, the Judge will decide whether you were racing or not. It could always go either way with judges, who are just "people", some of whom don't understand what racing is. You would need an expert to testify for you- a Vipertech, a National VCA officer, a racing instructor, etc., to testify as to the difference in tracking and racing. It is a fine point to some, but obvious to others. ONLY an expert could explain the difference to a librarian-type judge, but clearly the odds are in YOUR FAVOR. (Yes, I am a lawyer with 36 years trial experience. Been there; done that; drive an SRT Viper).

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randyc,

What state is Landers in? We have a dealer in CT with that name that sells vipers even though they are not a certified viper dealer. They buy them wholesale from a certified dealer. you would be amazed how many Dodge dealers sell vipers and are not certified. You should ask to see the dealers and the mechanics certification papers for vipers and make sure it is current, signed, and dated. Then ask to see that mechanic that is on the certification papers. Have you filed a complaint with your stated DMV Dealers and Repair Division? They will go after the dealer for you for free. I have done it and it does work. Why have you not called Chuck Tator or Woodhouse?

Robbie

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I have to tell you Dodge is going to loose alot of money future sales with these kind of service issues. I buy Dodge products for my business needs and now i WILL BE FORCED to buy from Ford or Toyota if these issues arent solved. Also I know many people who will do the same. i convinced my friends who own several shops and builders to go with Dodge but if they hear that this is happening with Viper owners, they will go somehere else. We are talking millions! Just because Dodge won't fix a tranny or a stupid window. How dumb is that!