Should I worry about emissions testing for Gen. 1?

SHADOW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not too many posts on this - I just got the letter here in Ct. that car is due for testing. For those of you out of state, the system has been out for a long time. Now we have choice of where we can go. Should I be worried about car passing? It's basically stock except for K&N's and smooth tubes. I once heard that the testing track is an issue for our tires? Any help would be appreciated.

Dave.

BOMBOVIPER93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I go to J&M motorsports in manchester (1.e. dynotuned performance). They are very sensitive to special needs cars. although I havent had mine done yet, I have just recieved my letter also, must go before May 15th. Let me know when your out cruzin' I'll catch up with you. You can usually find me on the "Pike" friday or saturday nights. And dont miss TATOR's in May. Last year we cruzed with about 50 viper from Tolland to South Salem,NY. As far as testing. I also have smooth tubes, K&N's, 3" exhaust and maybe with or without cats. ;)
I havent had a problem yet I've been running the car threw emmissions in Ct for 9 years now with no problem.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not too many posts on this - I just got the letter here in Ct. that car is due for testing. For those of you out of state, the system has been out for a long time. Now we have choice of where we can go. Should I be worried about car passing? It's basically stock except for K&N's and smooth tubes. I once heard that the testing track is an issue for our tires? Any help would be appreciated.
I don't know how CT compares to CA emissions testing, but I never had any problems passing the CA smog/sniff test with my '95 RT/10, even after I put 70,000 miles on it - I too had K&N's and smooth tubes (neither of which affect emissions testing at all). I'd guess that you probably have nothing to worry about.