Show me your lift..

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are most of you using your four post lift for storage or for service? I'm setting up a new garage and need pics to help me fiqure the best way to do this.
Thanks

viperstoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had mine since Vegas VOI and use it for parking two vipers and also use it as needed for servicing everything that I own. It is a Double Park brand, made in Kansas, and is excellent quality. I've had no problems.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a picture of mine, sorry about the quality of the pic.

1882photo_117.jpg

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are most of you using your four post lift for storage or for service? I'm setting up a new garage and need pics to help me fiqure the best way to do this.
Thanks

Both. Keep in mind of ceiling clearances, any overhanging beams and the garage door rails. Mine is a Revolution by Rotary 4-post...

4324Lift-005-med.JPG

4324Lift-006-med.JPG

4324FordDodgeChevy-med.JPG

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1.) Price range?

2.) Can you lift the car (while on lift) to work on brakes, etc....
A:
1.) This was the group buy deal Jerry Dobson did for some of us folks last year, March '05: Revolution RFP7 4 post lift, Standard lift w/ extended ramps, 2-drip pans, 2-jack trays, shipping included - $2990.00 If you get a professional to install it, additional $550-750 for labor.

2.) Yes. That's what the jack trays are for. Use a small bottle jack or the scissor jack from the spare.

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warren- What's the ceiling height in your garage? I'm tearing down an old two car garage and replacing with a new one. I'm thinking I need at least 10.5 to 11 feet.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with 11FT! Mine is about 10, and the car can not be lifted all the way to the top of the lift due to the ceiling. The Complete Hydraulic lift (www.completehydraulic.com) was $1600 plus shipping and came with all the extras(caster kit, 4 drip pans, and lift pan). I installed it with a friend, 3 hours and a case of beer later, done. :2tu:

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree, go with 11 feet (or 132") if you're reconstructing the garage, the taller, the better.

My ceiling is relatively low for having a lift, 112" (9'-4"), not counting a structural beam that transverses across the center and part of the second floor stairway that cuts in an angle towards the back of the garage. I have just enough room to avoid these overhanging obstacles for my Viper's roof to clear them. With my limited ceiling height, I can only stack sports cars of 50" height or lower (the Viper is 47").

Here's a ceiling calculator:

http://www.revolutionlift.com/Ceiling.asp

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I forgot to add one more thing, the garage door rails I didn't bother modifying the tracks to go higher, yet. What I did for now, was to turn the set-screw on the garage door lift motor so that the door would stop about a foot from maximum. This gives me enough clearance so that the garage door doesn't hit the Viper's hood when it's lifted up.

Reaction score
BendPak HD-9
$2,563.00 including shipping. Plus sales tax for CA residents. This lift has locking positions every 4" which can be an advantage if garage height is limited.

Installation in So. California by BenPak $400.00

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Warren- What's the ceiling height in your garage? I'm tearing down an old two car garage and replacing with a new one. I'm thinking I need at least 10.5 to 11 feet.

Go as high as you can and still not look too big...
I just built a new garage and went 12 feet high (standard lumber length) and I can stack my Road Runner and Viper with room to spare (you can check out my gallery for pics).
Cheers,

RJSGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99R/T10: I just went to that web site you posted and can;t believe how reasonable those lifts are, what's the catch??? How long have you had yours and hows the performance, any problems?? Thanks Ron

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
99R/T10: I just went to that web site you posted and can;t believe how reasonable those lifts are, what's the catch??? How long have you had yours and hows the performance, any problems?? Thanks Ron

I am not going to rip on any other brand of lift since I only have experience with the Rotary Brand, but just dont "cheap out" on a lift ...do your research (like you are here) and remember safety first...
If you have any questions regarding the Rotary Revolution lift, feel free to pm me...
Cheers,

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shop is a little full right now, need to finish the office extension :(

Revolution XLT in Blue with 10'4" ceiling height minus 4" for lights, 10" usable height for the lift.

5DSC01525-med.JPG

In laying out the shop, I left three feet all around the lift so I could work on all sides. This seems to be working out pretty well so far... although five feet might be better at the front. When I get my Diesel Ram on the (extended length) lift, the front hangs out pretty far making it a tight squeeze between the front of the truck and racks on the front wall.

I looked at a lot of lifts, I liked that this one was manufactured (not just "sold") in America (I pay when I can to keep jobs in America :usa: ), all mechanism is inside the column, cables are centered in the column, secondary safety feature that prevents lift form dropping if cable should break while being raised or lowered, and the antislip deck coating. Lot's of lift options, as said above, do your homework.

RJSGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm interested in a group-buy how would that be worked out?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960