Show me your lift..

JeffM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8972garage5-med.JPG

Jeff, I noticed you have your lift directly on the ground...Is it bolted down....I put mine on top of the race deck...

Cheers,

No, its not bolted to the ground. Did you have any issues with the lift smashing the Racedeck if its on top of it?

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Jeff, I noticed you have your lift directly on the ground...Is it bolted down....I put mine on top of the race deck...

Cheers,

No, its not bolted to the ground. Did you have any issues with the lift smashing the Racedeck if its on top of it?

No problems...I asked the race deck people before I did it and they said its ok...They have thier lift with a Hummer on it with no issues...Race Deck can withstand 10,000 pounds psi or so they say...
Cheers,

Reaction score
Agree with Scott, I also called Costco's supplier(Race Deck I think) and the said to put the lift on the tile. BendPak installed the lift and had no concerns with the lift on the tile.

Reaction score
BendPak Group(10 minimum) Purchase.

Price includes shipping. Reminder that a fork lift or equivalent will be required to remove the lift from the delivery truck.

To make warranty easy installation should be done by a BendPak approved installation company. In California BendPak installation(BendPak employees) is available for $400 to $675 depending on the area (So California to Sacramento, CA. BendPak is located in Santa Paula CA.

If you are in Ca. Sales tax will also have to be added.

Group HD9 Lift price is $2,398.00. :usa:

Lift specs. http://www.bendpak.com/product_info.isg?products_id=875

Notice that Lift locking positions are every 4" (most lifts lock every 6")which may be an advantage in garages with limited head room.

RJSGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
9000lbs and 220volt is overkill for home use and not needed at all do they make a 7000lb unit?

Reaction score
STOUT - locking positions, will verify tomorrow. My lift has 4" locking positions. I suspect that the 6" is an old spec.

RJSGTS - Bend Pak core business is commercial lifts. They made the HD9 for home use based on the std commercial products allowing for a sturdy yet cost effective lift. Their lifts also require compressed air for safety latch release.

OP
OP
S

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked with Donny today from Revolution lift. He will extend the Barrett (sp) Jackson show special. Call him for details.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FYI: I went with 220v vs. 110v....Check out the difference in the time it takes the lift to rise 110v vs. 220v
If you can swing it, go for the 220v (same price).

Cheers,

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you the specifics, but if you look at specs & if they are certified & by who. I know the Rotary is certified by ALI.

" Rotary is the only North American lift manufacturer certified to ISO9001 quality standards. We also are one of the founding members of ALI (Automotive Lift Institute) - setting quality and safety standards for the lift industry. "

When I went to the ford dealer to have my diesel oil changed I noticed at least 8 rotary lifts in their bays.
They were heavy duty models, but you could easily read Rotary on them.
The installer told me he put Rotary in all the majr car dealers on the freeway next to me. There are about 8 dealerships he mentioned.

There may be other lifts that are just as good, but the ALI & seeing them in dealerships I go to did it for me.

Go to a few dealerships & just walk by their bays to see which ones they use. If you have a good relationship with one ask them their opinions on theirs

my .02
andy

Vip1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for your help I'm ready to buy a lift just didn't know if its worth the extra money. I called revolution they extended the same price to me Barrett Jackson show price. Thought they would do something for a group buy. Any info on the next Houston Viper meeting Thanks.

Reaction score
BendPak and Rotary service the commercial market. Dealerships and independent garages.

The following link is for BendPak's literature( http://www.bendpak.com/custom_page.isg?ref=literature ) select the Four Post lift (top row far right) and you will see on their literature that their lifts are ETL approved and meets ANSI/ALI ALCTV-1998 standards. It is my understanding the commercial lifts have to meet these standards. One of the test is to load the lift at 150% of rated capacity then cut the cables.

Which is the best Value? I think it is BendPak. And I am baised.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if the revolution lift is a better lift than the bend pak by A $1000.00 dollars

The day you have an accident with your lift you will have the answer to your question. A lift is a very dangerous device when used by unqualified individuals, it's even more dangerous when it fails. I have had my lift long before most of you thought of putting a four post lift in your garage. My lift is an Autolifters M6, now defunct. It nearly killed me and destroyed my Jeep. I essentially rebuilt the lift the way it should have been designed in the first place. Even so I'm getting rid of it, my money will go towards a Revolution by Rotary. Rotary is the best period, I just am amazed by you guys who will spend $90,000 on a car but don't have the brains to protect yourselves. Gee I just got a deal on Harbor Freight Aluminum jack for $50.00, can't wait to roll under the car with it!!!!!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a side note I'm sure the Bend Pak is a quality lift as well, but my experience leads me to buy the best. My life doesn't have a price tag.

Reaction score
Camfab, If you want the best lift and have a little time take a ride to Santa Paula, CA 93060. That is where BendPak is located. Perhaps a group from your area would be interested in a road trip to check out BendPak lifts. We had a club event when my lift was installed. BendPak VP of Marketing, National Accounts Mgr., Installation Mgr. and installers were there to answer quesions.

FYI, BendPak has offered to compare their lift side by side with Rotary or any other mfr. And to test the safety features of a loaded lift by cable cutting, etc.

Safety was the most important concern as I have a young son that spends time in the garage and I did not want him to be hurt.

My suggestion to everyone concerned with safety is to buy a commercial quality lift from a manufacturer of commercial lifts. Second have the lift installed my an authorized(by manufacturer) installer. In California I suggest installation by BendPak employees.

The mounting surface(garage floor) also must be sufficient to support a lift.

Rotary is the number #1 lift producer in the US and BendPak #1. Rotary has the major portion of the dealership market and BendPak has the majority of independent garages.

Vip1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for your concern about my saftey. Thats why I'm asking the questions before I buy. Just because i't cost more dosn't mean it's better,just becuase I buy exspensive cars dosn't mean I want to throw my money away

RJSGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said VIP1, I too have been asking questions about lifts which may seem stupid to others but sincere answers are how we all can learn. The guys that talk down to others thru keyboards probably have a Corvette in the garage next to their Viper!!! Does anyone have experience with PROPark7 lift? When I do buy it will probably be a Revolution but "you get what you pay for mentality" won't be why...

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well said VIP1, I too have been asking questions about lifts which may seem stupid to others but sincere answers are how we all can learn. The guys that talk down to others thru keyboards probably have a Corvette in the garage next to their Viper!!! Does anyone have experience with PROPark7 lift? When I do buy it will probably be a Revolution but "you get what you pay for mentality" won't be why...

I understand where you are coming from, I always try to get the best deal as I am not one of the "Rich" Viper owners...
I just couldnt bring myself to put my "babies" or myself under a "cheap" lift..
Since I couldnt "test" all the lifts on the market myself, and wasnt willing to simply go by what some member said about his lift I had to go with the lift that was "certified" as well as the lift that I have seen at MANY dealers (I have worked for car dealers for over 20 years).
Rotary was the one for me, but I must say I have seen Bend Pak lifts at a number of dealers too.
Like I said in an earlier post, I was not willing to "cheap out" on my lift...I will cut corners in other areas...
Please ask all the questions you want to make sure you get the right lift for your needs, this is a big deal so keep doing your research....
Cheers,

Reaction score
Lift Ceriticcation was also a requirement for me and should be for you if you want safety.

Installation is also a critical element.

In Calif., the garage floor is also important for bolting the lift inplace, as the Earth tends to move from time to time.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the concerns noted regarding lifts. Mine is about 10 years old and last year I had my first incident. Up until then everything had been great.

What happened was a pulley on the underside got worn to the point where the spacer between 2 pulleys fell inside the pulley and the pulley dropped. I did not notice it at first and it loosened the attachment bolt (yes on of those huge bolts). The bolt came completely unthreaded and the pulley got cocked. The only thing that saved it, the car and me was the angle iron located directly in front of it. I then found out the manufacturer had switched from bushing to roller bearings for their premium lifts but continued bushings on the low line. Note mine was a high line when originally built.

I have now switched all pullies to roller bearings and feel the lift is now good to go. But what this demonstrates is that you cannot see the quality of some parts. They both look the same from the outside.

Now my usage pattern is probably similar to most as I lift the car after nearly every use, probably on the order of 200 raise/drop cycles per year. I would bet there are not to many home users with many more years/usages on their lift.

498100_0932-med.jpg

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guys that talk down to others thru keyboards probably have a Corvette in the garage next to their Viper!!! Does anyone have experience with PROPark7 lift? When I do buy it will probably be a Revolution but "you get what you pay for mentality" won't be why...

Somehow I think that was directed toward me.
Yeah, I have a corvette next to my viper, what is that supposed to mean? There is a 69 indy pace car Camaro beside that, what does that mean?
Most people here have either owned or still own a vette.
I don't get it??

You get what you pay for is pretty real in life. Not meaning that the more expensive thing is always best, but something too cheap probably is. Its a universal saying, I did not just put it there for this thread.
I am not knocking a less expensive lift, there were pleanty more expensive than rotary, rotary just fit my needs.

If you read my posts I only gave my opinion & stated I know nothing about the other brands.

With only 9 posts here your making friends fast!

RJSGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AJT I didn't direct what I said towards any one in particular, Yes I have only 9 posts big deal I'm new to the board not life. My comment about Corvettes is also from life experience: most owner's have alot to say about nothing! The post was show me your lifts so when people ask questions it would be nice if posters would answer the questions or give constructive advice nothing more. Oh why would you even bring up that you also own a Camaro??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960