Side Sill Repair / Repaint Recommendations?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for the help. I plan to put the snake into hibernation shortly and was looking for any recommendations on someone to repair (different metal corrosion starting to appear) and repaint my side sills.

Also, any thoughts or ideas on replacing the stock insulation?

Thanks.

Happy New Year!

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The corrosion is not bi-metal related. I went down this path freakin out worrying about mine and thought to replace my rivits to avoid the problem. Turns out that the rivits are aluminum as are the sills.

There are two reasons for the corrosion. For ones that have rivits, the rivits go straight through and are exposed to the exhaust. They heat up first, well before the sill since insulation is protecting the sill. The movement in the rivit and the hole allows the seal to be compromised and contaminants expose the aluminum to regular corrosion. The second and more important issue is the insulation. Whenever Vipers are driven in the water and the sill area gets wet and water is trapped between the insulation and sill think about how long it would take in that area to dry. The entire area is basically contained except for the air slots underneath so it will take days to dry. It is begging to start corroding the aluminum from the inside out.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact Chuck Tator. He has used a body shop near him for many warranty GEN1 sill repairs with, according to Chuck, excellent results