side sill underneath is scratched

2kviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just got my ride back from the dealer. now find a large, long scratch along the underside of the driver side side sill. **********.

i can't believe that was there when i dropped it off (just did battery maintenance and didn't see it), but my tech who i trust and sorta grew up with pointed it out to me and told me the only reason he saw it was because he put it up on the lift to put on the ebc greens. i asked him if anyone else drove it and he said no.... immediately took it to my body guy and he said it's too deep to rub out, but he could touch it up and it would look okay. i don't like okay. he is going to detail it, get some scratches out, swirl marks, tar, etc on monday. you can't see the scratch on the sill unless your under the car, but i'm still bummed....

my question is, how much is a new side sill and would it be impossible to match the color? please give me your thoughts/ideas... thanks viper nation.

signed,

bummed in cincinnati

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't wanna know how much a new side sill is (guess, but could be $2500)...

Get it touched up and try not to focus on it...I agree I would be bummed and upset with the Dealer, maybe they can have their body shop spot it in for free?

Tomer

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2k,
I know exactly how you feel. Bad enough if I scratch my cars, but when someone else does and doesn't tell me, that gets all over me. I can't bear to walk off and leave my stuff with people I don't know. I just like my things to look nice and new as long as possible.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Appreciate your feelings...have had same thing happen...decided to touch up the scratch, and try not to let it get to me...one scratch in particular REALLY upset me... admittedly, I did it my SELF !!!!

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a red Viper and I had my sills repainted. The red color matches perfect. No one would ever know it was done. Take the sill of the car and bring it to the body shop so nothing else gets messed up.