Sikorsy event was Great! Both Vipers took trophies...

D

DAMN YANKEE

I would say the Sikorsky event (last Sunday, 9/14/08) looks like it is going to be a monster and we should plan on atending in force next year. Great facility and very Viper appreciative.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DY, more details please? Where is this located and what type of show is it? You got any pictures of YOU winning (congrats!) and Michael's Viper as well? We'd love to see 'em! ~juli

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli,

This was the third anual car show at Sikorksy. I think yesterday's outcome was a little light due to the rainy weather in the morning. Sikorsky is in Stratford, CT and they close our large parking lots for the show. Next year I can post the date if the club makes it an approved event. I will post some pictures when I get a chance.

-Mike

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli,

This was the third anual car show at Sikorksy. I think yesterday's outcome was a little light due to the rainy weather in the morning. Sikorsky is in Stratford, CT and they close our large parking lots for the show. Next year I can post the date if the club makes it an approved event. I will post some pictures when I get a chance.

-Mike

Approved event or not...post it. BTW, do you think Sikorsky will let us use the airfield for some 1/4 mile runs or autocross? :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli,
-Mike

Thank you Mike for the info~! As Tony said, approved or not, POST IT!! Others do that. I am remembering that Sikorsky is an airfield, but where in CT is it located? Would love to see pictures~! So, you work there? As Tony also asked, do you know if the airfield can be made available for 1/4 mile runs for our Vipers? Do any car clubs use the airfield for that purpose, or AX as Tony mentioned also? I'm asking out of curiosity...and VERY proud that you and Dan received awards for your Vipers~! Congrats~~:2tu: ~juli

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll post it.

Tust me Tony, when I got there yesterday in the morning and saw that the parking lost was completely empty (probably about 1/2 mile long) I thought about doing my own time trail and just accepting the consequences. FIRED! :omg:

Don't forget, helipcopters don't need a long runway!

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Mike for the info~! As Tony said, approved or not, POST IT!! Others do that. I am remembering that Sikorsky is an airfield, but where in CT is it located? Would love to see pictures~! So, you work there? As Tony also asked, do you know if the airfield can be made available for 1/4 mile runs for our Vipers? Do any car clubs use the airfield for that purpose, or AX as Tony mentioned also? I'm asking out of curiosity...and VERY proud that you and Dan received awards for your Vipers~! Congrats~~:2tu: ~juli

There is no way to use this field for car use. The plant is open 24/7 and they fly test runs in and out of here all the time. Too mcu security here, the only time visitors are allowed on site is for this car show. We have armed guards at the entrances. :nono:

6900 Main St, Stratford, CT 06614
Link: <6900 main st, stratford, ct - Google Maps>

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll post it.

Tust me Tony, when I got there yesterday in the morning and saw that the parking lost was completely empty (probably about 1/2 mile long) I thought about doing my own time trail and just accepting the consequences. FIRED! :omg:

Don't forget, helipcopters don't need a long runway!

Oh...but that area looks like SO MUCH fun. :D Just wishful thinking here.

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some Pics:

Picture_051.jpg

Picture_043.jpg

Picture_042.jpg

Picture_076.jpg

Picture_075.jpg

Picture_040.jpg

Picture_041.jpg

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the great pics Mike~! And congrats again to you and Dan! That's some PINK Chevy there! LOVE your Vipers tho, that's what we go to shows for, to see VIPERS!!!! Hoping next year's event includes more of 'em. ~juli

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather