Silicone hoses question

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've already searched, and didn't find anything specifically addressing this. I have a JMB Performance airbox, and yesterday replaced my radiator hoses with Snake Oyl silicone hoses (02 GTS). The stock hose passed behind the airbox without touching it, but the silicone hose rests against the back of the airbox. As hot as that hose gets, is this going to cause any problems?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The JMB air box is aluminum right?

The hose exterior will never be in excess of the coolant temp (slightly lower actually, as polymers as such are good insulators). So are you worried about the aluminum being damaged by a couple hundred degrees at best?

Won't even harm or discolor the paint...

OP
OP
V

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dave--my main concern was whether it would affect the paint on the box. Secondarily, I wondered if the box getting hotter would affect the IAT at all, but now that I think about it, that shouldn't be affected either.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vman- I believe all of JMB's stuff is powder coated, and thus no real need to worry about heat nearby.
I don't even think Justin owns a paint brush. :D

I seem to remember Roe offering the silicone hoses. He might have detailed specs on them.

OP
OP
V

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the blurriness...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

No pics with the new hoses yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics