Silly Question: Need To Source Catalytic Converters . . . Please Advise . . .

lilviv

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello,

I had a 1999 Dodge Viper GTS from early 2007 until last week. I ended up chasing my next dream and finding a Ferrari 550 Maranello that I wanted.

For the Viper, while I maintained the car extremely well and kept meticulous records on it . . . one thing I never knew was the brand or type of exhaust system the car had on it (or aftermarket air intake, for that matter). I never really had a problem since it plugged up and passed State of Texas Inspection straight over and over (4 times - once each year), and it always sounded great. Apparently the car never had catalytic converters, and the shop that purchased my Viper is looking for a set to put on the car so they can legally resell the car in Texas (I wasn't aware this was a requirement until today, nor was I aware my car didn't have high flow cats. on it).

Can anyone recommend a place to source good high flow catalytic converters for this car or perhaps offer me any advice to pass on to the shop to make this easy for them? Any help and advice here would be greatly appreciated.

-Vivek Gupta
http://www.lilviv.com

1999 GTS: Red/Silver Stripes [Sold 11/11]

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB at partsrack or sean roe at roe racing - others too

just tell them you are after bang for the buck and you're set

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics