Silver State Photo

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got this pretty cool photo of my car in September's SSCC that I thought other might enjoy.
David

9508SilverStateCrop-med.jpg

OP
OP
D

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ran 125 with a 165 tech speed. Good question on the navigator. My son was supposed to join me but had to cancel at the last minute so I ran it solo and won the 125 class with an avg. speed of 125.0069 (lucky I guess).

OP
OP
D

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ARC steve: it's a fun event they run on 2 different closed public road courses 4x/year. Even from NY there's a way. I was there in 2003 when two college kids from the East Coast flew to Las Vegas, rented a car at the airport, drove it to Ely and won one of the lower speed classes (95-110MPH?).

Reaction score
.144 seconds off target takes a little more than luck. Congratulations.

I've done the NORC 4 times and my best is only within 1.05 seconds.

Come on out next May. We hope to field a much larger Team Viper, and have a lot of fun.

:2tu:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way ...Im flying to Vegas on wed for SEMA hmmmmmmmmmmmm any Races :) ))) great idea have to see what Hertz Rents :)

OP
OP
D

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg - I'll be there but with my son this time and either run 125 again or 130. He and I ran the NORC last May in our Evo and got a 3rd in 110. We had a great time together and yelled at each other over the entire course as only father and son can ... "You're too fast! What mile marker was that? How fast to gain 3 seconds?". It will be fun with more Vipers next time.

Steve - never been to SEMA but hear it's amazing. Check out the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and see what's going on. Maybe something interesting during SEMA. Most of what Hertz rents would do and keep in mind that the race/sponsor stickers all come off pretty easily.
David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960