Since the official Gen V debut is near, lets talk Gen 3-4 values

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Excluding a flooding of 3-4 gen for sale I believe once there is a huge price difference between new and used the two markets operate independently to a point. As it is, vipers that stickered for 100k are selling for mid 50's. Then when you have a likely sticker of 120+ you are waaaaay apart from someone considering a 50k car. The used values of the gen 5 will have the real affect on our gen 3-4 values. If the car is rare and it's values stay high then we are good, if they flood the market, discount them like crazy, and lose value like a Kia then the values will drop. In an unlikely scenario gen 3-4 values could actually go up if the new viper is highly sought after and keeps a high used value.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A production Gen V Viper is still at least two years away. Two years = 730 days = 17,520 hours = 1,051,200 minutes. For that someone who wants to wait that long to enjoy the magnificent multisensory experience called "Viper", I suggest you think about the following: you never know what the future may bring - sickness, death, economic turmoil, an asteroid hit, just to name a few possibilities. Buy a Viper NOW. When the Gen V production version is available you will have had two years of viper experience with which to learn to handle the new beast if you choose to get one. JM2Cs.

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All indications are this upcoming car will be a badazz/game-changer etc, but what will happen with our SRT cars?

Am I completely off base here? I'm not wishing for any tanking values...just trying to be objective here:drive:

Yes, Gen5 badazz? It Better be... Yet never badder than what a good builder will make you.... And it is all about the builder.

Used market will drop...always does... Maybe less... Maybe more...
For the US economy to determine.

Honda civics are safer.

05 Copperhead 654rwhp, 619rwft-lbs, 91 oct, 505 All Motor
A&C Performance Motor
Greg Good Heads & Cam
+ a few other mods

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW

The initial Gen V will be *coupe only*

that means no roadster, no acr

total Gen IV ACR production, somewhere south of 800 units....that's gotta be good for business!

bigdeep1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anytime you get in the 125 grand range that car had better have an alum frame carb fiber brakes ,first class interior ,plus ever electronic gizmo out there.It also had better have a great ride fantastic paint ect.Its a totally different ballgame in that range

Take a ZR-1 for example at 120 grand (car has EVERY TOP LINE FEATURE OUT THERE )after 500 sold the price tanked .(Right now dealers are going into the holdback to move them )At 125 you into Ford GT territory.

Well said 1BG.

I agree in regards to pricing of the Gen V. I think Dodge has wiggle room (in regards to build cost vs asking MSRP) to improve the interior quality and the other requested upgrades. Yes, more money will go into making the Gen V Viper; however the increased production cost should not DIRECTLY reflect in increased MSRP.

Anyone remember the difference in MSRP from the Gen II to the Gen III?

To stay on thread topic, I too think that Gen III/IV prices will drop in the first couple of years post Gen V release. From what I have seen, the Gen II prices dropped when the Gen III/IV came out. Now it seems that the Gen II prices are trending up. I would be curious f the Gen III/IV would follow the same price pattern as the Gen II. (BTW, I am not trying to evoke a Gen II vs GenIII-IV emotional comparison).

Last edited: