Skip Barber in April?

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any SRT owners going to SB ULTRA schools in April? I am doing either Sebring or Limerock, but not sure. I hear that you only spend a limited time in the SRT, but I am going to give it a shot.

sal3coach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went last year. In a mix of vehicles but Viper time was very good. Would have liked more but you can learn a lot in some of the other exercises. Well worh it in fun.

sal3coach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can go to the 2 day UHP course without any other courses.

The 2 day adv racing school is a differnt animal using the formula RT2000 cars and I think you need the 3-day racing school before that one.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Florida is the only one I can make.

I took a 3 day course at Spring Mountain, so if this course is a rehash of heel/toe and the basics, I would prefer to skip it and go into the 2 day adv racing school.

Do any of these course offer SCCA or similar licensing? I really want to get into wheel to wheel racing.

The plan was to take a class at Bondurant sometime in March or April.

-Manny

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Manny,

How was the 3 day course? That is the one I want to take so I can work towards my licensing.

Charles

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn't bad. We had some slow learners in the class, so it can only go as fast as the slowest person. THey do drill ******* heel/toe which is what I took away from the class.

The Bondurant school looked good to me for the more advanced stuff as it allows you to get your regional SCCA license, where SPring Mountain doesnt.

-Manny

sal3coach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The UHP course is not a racing school. Lots of fun and good stuff but no track time. The Skip Barber racing schools use formula type cars. If you want a school for Viper-like racing, check out the Panoz school at Sebring--they can certify you for your SCCA Regional. Did the Panoz school a couple of weeks ago with Bill Pemberton and the Woodhouse crew. A great experience and a fair amount of track time.

Or go to

http://www.racingschools.com/home.shtml

and they can find a school to fit your needs

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sal... thanks for the info.... Sebring is only a few hours away and the UHP course sounds better then Skip Barber.