Skip Shift Eliminator

slither

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm officially a "newbie", just took delivery of an '04 white mamba last week (#84 of 200). As most of you, I can't leave it stock so I ordered the K&N FIPK and Corsa Track system today. Read the posts on the skip shift being eliminated with the K&N and I will be careful replacing the air temp sensor - very informative forum here. Just in case, where can you get the skip shift module as I can't stand having a tranny that tells me what gear I have to shift into. Love the new snake!!

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snakeoyl makes one, I believe. I think they are listed as one of the vendors in the "Marketplace" tab.

Oh, and Congrats on your new SRT!

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unless you drive like a little girl,the skip-shift never comes into play......May I reccommend 3.55 gears :headbang: Welcome aboard.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with ledfoot, it's not really a problem, when you don't need it, you don't see it !!! Welcome ..

OP
OP
S

slither

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point ledfoot! (lol) I am definetley thinking about the 3.55's, however I do plan on putting the Paxton on it eventually and it seems like the consenus in here is to stick with the 3.08's with the blower. I don't really know - I'm coming off a blown mustang which I had 4.10's in (a little too steep) and the Viper does feel a little slow to build rev's compared to the old ride. Any problems with the diff., etc.. as I have read in here with the 3.55's? Did you do any mod's to the rear end when you put in the gears? Thanks for the replies.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran into the skip shift a few times during my first week of ownership while in the initial stages of learning to drive this beast. Since then, I've never noticed the skip-shift light and have never had it interfere with my driving. The 3.55 mod further guarantees that you'll never have a problem with skip shift. I suggest waiting on the skip-shift mod until after the 3.55 mod (which is, I think, the best-bang-for-the-buck mod you'll ever make). If skip shift is still an issue after that, get the mod. It won't be an issue, I assure you.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unless you drive like a little girl,the skip-shift never comes into play......May I reccommend 3.55 gears :headbang: Welcome aboard.
I had my old Gen I for some four months before I triggered the skip shift, since I was in heavy traffic, and it *really* pissed me off. Disconnected it that very evening (but, with a Gen I, its just a matter of unplugging the solenoid wire - the PCM doesn't care).

Of course (and as everyone here likely is aware), with a Gen II or Gen III, if you unplug the skip shift soleniod, you have to put a resistor in place of it to fool the PCM into thinking its still there, or you'll get a Check Engine light and a trouble code.