slow death of a water pump

wiplash

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have an 02 GTS ACR which I thought was past the problems of bad plastic impellars but Chuck set me straight. Interesting how they die slowly, spin on shaft for awhile, catch for a while, all the time slowly getting worse.
Had tunnel vision this was an 01 or earlier problem so never considered my intermittent over heating to be from this. Lesson learned.
While in there I am going to replace the power steering pulley. Anyone got a good source for these pulleys? Chuck talked about replacing the PS pump bracket also.
Thanks much

HPmopars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have an 02 GTS ACR which I thought was past the problems of bad plastic impellars but Chuck set me straight. Interesting how they die slowly, spin on shaft for awhile, catch for a while, all the time slowly getting worse.
Had tunnel vision this was an 01 or earlier problem so never considered my intermittent over heating to be from this. Lesson learned.
While in there I am going to replace the power steering pulley. Anyone got a good source for these pulleys? Chuck talked about replacing the PS pump bracket also.
Thanks much

How many miles are on your car? Do you know your build date?

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a brand new billet power steering bracket if anybody needs one. $100 including shipping anywhere - or best offer. I bought the pulley and bracket last year from Dave's Big Brakes, and then put on a Paxton which does not need the bracket. PM if interested. Ron.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wiplash

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6700 miles on the car. Do not know how to determine build date. Let me know and I will take a look.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a brand new billet power steering bracket if anybody needs one. $100 including shipping anywhere. I bought the pulley and bracket last year from Dave's Big Brakes, and then put on a Paxton which does not need the bracket. PM if interested. Ron.

Bracket and pulley?

If so, I'll take it...PM me.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the drivers door is a sticker MDH=month day hour and another date telling you the month and year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc