have to place the car on a dyno and spin the back tires while measuring
emissions.

The only good news here is, thanks to Arnold, my registration fees
dropped from $900 to $300. :2tu:

VB

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This just started in my area of PA. You can get an exemption if you drive less than 5k per year. Cost for exemption i believe is $25, found this out after i was charged $ 75.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, did not realise they were now using the dyno for the test...I had my last one done at the dealer, I think it was ~ $49....

If you tip the smog tech a little, can you run her up for a full power pull, and get a print out of the results???

Tomer

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you tip the smog tech a little, can you run her up for a full power pull, and get a print out of the results???

Tomer

LMAO @ dyno run

Just had mine done and it cost $50. It had to be backed onto the thingy cause it was too low in the front.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the IM-240 dynamometer test, as opposed to the TSI (two speed idle) test. The CARB/EPA decided the TSI was not rigorous enough, so they made the test more difficult. However, it provides better information.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be saying ahhhhhhhhhhhhh after having that $600 cactus pulled out of my a$$, not ouch for that measly pin [******] $100! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This just started in my area of PA. You can get an exemption if you drive less than 5k per year. Cost for exemption i believe is $25, found this out after i was charged $ 75.

Frank,

Interesting I did not know you could get an exemtion. That is good news since I removed my cats as I am building the motor and added headers.