Smoked a Z06 and a Supra

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Went to Ennis Friday night at the Texas Motorplex. Only got two runs in for the first time down the strip in my ACR.

First had a Z06 that made sure he lined up against me. Obvioulsy he was modded and wanted to have a Viper Kill under his belt.

his time 12.842 at 111.06, my ACR 12.523 at 116.45 Bagged a Z06.

Next, a Supra makes sure he lines up against me. (I'm just wanted to run and hate having guys do this crap) Well anyway, there were a ton of ricers out and they were all pointing and talking and you could tell they were already planning there stories about how their Supra got a Viper kill.

Supra's time 12.876 at 123.05 my ACR 12.263 at 117.61 Bagged a Supra

No more runs as the lanes where 4 wide and about a 45 minute wait to race.

Ted got the runs on Video (hurray for Ted bringing his video camera!!!) As soon as he gets them digitized we will post the two runs.

Nice to show those punks who the king (Vipers) REALLY his! :)

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Monnieh

Nice last run for being your first time out and the pressure of 2 cars gunning for you.

Love to see the video.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on the kills, but the supra could have made you look bad if it hooked lol.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
12.26 is an excellent time, what was your 60'? Those Z06 and Supra times seem about average what I see around here. Supras can't "hook" small engine, peaky HP makes it real hard for them. They are not a good 1/4 mile car, but he could walk you on a highway roll. I have never seen a Z06 break 12.50 or 115 MPH at the track, only such and such has a Z06 that ran 11 stock.

OP
OP
M

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
60 vs the Z06 was 2.129, 60 vs the Supra was 1.987.

I have the videos now. They are 30meg each.

How do I share the Video's?

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good wins under pressure. It always makes it more nerve racking when you are the best car at the track, all eyes are on you. The Supra guy must have had a 2.5 60'? I am sure it shows his pathetic launch on your slip.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
"Smoked a Z06 and a Supra"

They must have been hard to light!

I tried to quit smoking by using a nicotime patch for a while, but I gave it up, as it was too hard to light.

monnieh- Can you host that at ImageStation? I saw a 20 Meg hosted there, so maybe-

JRod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good kill.

As for the Z06 with that posted time I would have to assume he was stock, as that is about the mph you would expect out of a stock Z06. My Z06 @ HRP has a best on the stock radials in a 100% bone stock state was 1.85 60' / [email protected]. I pulled the lid off the factory airbox and bolted on a set of ET Streets and ran a best of a 1.675 60' / 11.596 @118.56.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[******], that is impressive (both the 100% stock run and the ET streets run).

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to Ennis Friday night at the Texas Motorplex. Only got two runs in for the first time down the strip in my ACR.

First had a Z06 that made sure he lined up against me. Obvioulsy he was modded and wanted to have a Viper Kill under his belt.

his time 12.842 at 111.06, my ACR 12.523 at 116.45 Bagged a Z06.

Next, a Supra makes sure he lines up against me. (I'm just wanted to run and hate having guys do this crap) Well anyway, there were a ton of ricers out and they were all pointing and talking and you could tell they were already planning there stories about how their Supra got a Viper kill.

Supra's time 12.876 at 123.05 my ACR 12.263 at 117.61 Bagged a Supra

No more runs as the lanes where 4 wide and about a 45 minute wait to race.

Ted got the runs on Video (hurray for Ted bringing his video camera!!!) As soon as he gets them digitized we will post the two runs.

Nice to show those punks who the king (Vipers) REALLY his! :)

Why do you say the Z06 was obviously modded?

OP
OP
M

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well maybe I was embelishing a bit. The reason I believe he was modded was that as I was going out to my Viper to make a run I saw him pull in, get out, take off helmet, and lift hood. When he saw me getting into my car he ran back to his Electron Blue Z06 and jockey'd into the right lane to be sure to line up against me. He cut right in front of a ricer to be in the staging area accross from me.

Plus he was running much better times the rest of the night that I saw.

Mike do you have any ftp site that could host the video's?