smoked by a street bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There were a few bikes at our local track day running 8's, they'll smoke any viper period. They were sick fast, scary like death fast..

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if it had a turbo and a lot of them do now, its a no brainer.

im yet to get beat by one but i know its gonna happen soon. none of the ones i have run have been turbo'd obviously.

from 60 - 160 unless your car is putting down 800rwhp + you have to be lucky to beat a 1000 bike

I recently went to Tire Kingdom with my wife for new shoes for her car. There is a kid working there who rides a GSX1000. He claims he was never smoked by a bike until he ran my DLM beast. Like Phil said you need at least 800 ponies to smoke a modern rice rocket. I almost lost one time when I had 12lbs of boost and 854rwhp to a new CBR1000. A quick trip down to DLM for a new pulley and tune and from that point on the car never missed a beat or the chance to smoke a Busa.

Thanks Doug

x2 most bikes start to run out of steam around 150-160mph. If the guy riding the bike stays in it you will start to pull him up top.

I own an 08 Viper and 08 R6. The R6 is quicker to 130-140 but after that the Viper starts to show its fangs.:2tu:

Some of the rice rocket bikes have such and amazing power to weight ratio, it is unreal how fast they pick up speed. I sold my 1300 GSXR Hayabusa a while back, but to do this date it is the scariest thing I have ever driven. Still, I would take my viper in a heartbeat over the busa. Two totally different animals...
1st, off NO OFFENSE to any one here !
Ok lets see here and hoping my math is correct.
Modded BUSA putting down 200rwhp N/A and weighs about 625lbs with rider = 3.12 lbs per HP.
Modded Viper putting down 950rwhp NOT N/A weighs about 3450lbs with driver = 3.63 lbs per HP.
Thats not calculating drag and total frontal mass of the bike or viper trying to cut through the atmosphere.
Sorry blower guys it's gonna take at least 1100rwhp to match the power to rate ratio.
So I'm extremely sceptical any of you guys who claim to have beat up on a BUSA with a decent rider that is, has actually done it regardless of the speed range. :nono: :eater:
Oh, and as for the airplane comment, ummm that doesn't make any sense sorry. I'm not taking sides here cuz I own both and I have to be honest, the bike kicks ass. But it's still not as cool or never will be as cool as the Viper. :cool:

thehouseofpower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Modded BUSA putting down 200rwhp N/A and weighs about 625lbs with rider = 3.12 lbs per HP.
Modded Viper putting down 950rwhp NOT N/A weighs about 3450lbs with driver = 3.63 lbs per HP.
Thats not calculating drag and total frontal mass of the bike or viper trying to cut through the atmosphere.
Sorry blower guys it's gonna take at least 1100rwhp to match the power to rate ratio.
So I'm extremely sceptical any of you guys who claim to have beat up on a BUSA with a decent rider that is, has actually done it regardless of the speed range. :nono: :eater:
Oh, and as for the airplane comment, ummm that doesn't make any sense sorry. I'm not taking sides here cuz I own both and I have to be honest, the bike kicks ass. But it's still not as cool or never will be as cool as the Viper. :cool:

Having owned the viper and the busa, the busa accelerates faster than anything I have ever driving. Not sure where my quote comes into this, I said the busa is faster. I just like the viper better. Most of the new stock bikes that costs 1/10th the price of a stock super car can destroy the car. There just too totally different things…

Sinister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've raced sevral 750's with my roe car, and they're pretty good races till you get to speed (110mph). Then the viper starts to pull on them pretty bad. Now with that said last week I ran an R1 and an gsxr 1000 with my turbo car on kumos. We hit it at an 70mph roll and it wasn't a race at all, put probably close to 20 car lengths on them by 180. (of course all of this happened in mexico) :lmao::drive:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had one of those Kawasaki ZX14's smoke my Viper like it was standing still. That thing has almost 200hp. I'm not real up on those bikes but I haven't seen any faster than that one. I couldn't believe the acceleration on that thing.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Having owned the viper and the busa, the busa accelerates faster than anything I have ever driving. Not sure where my quote comes into this, I said the busa is faster. I just like the viper better. Most of the new stock bikes that costs 1/10th the price of a stock super car can destroy the car. There just too totally different things…
I'm sorry, yours is the last sentence about the Viper being way more cool. :D

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sniper, im sorry you feel that way.....
I'll be glad to run you side by side from a standing start to 200mph and then 60 to 200 and if you can beat me and my BUSA you can have it, maybe. But if I beat you I get you Viper ? DEAL ? We can work out the logistics upon contract signing. Ok just kidding but wouldn't it be fun to find out any way?

Last edited:

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A 200hp bike will get smoked by a 1000hp Viper...been there done that! I ran my freinds modded GXSR 1000 in my old TT Viper on low boost (870 rwhp) and put a few cars on him. I ran a 600cc R6 in my stock 08 and pulled him hard past 140mph. Both are decent riders so skill did not play apart in the bikes losing.

I think you would be surprised what a high horse power car will do to a bike past 140-150!!:D

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A 200hp bike will get smoked by a 1000hp Viper...been there done that! I ran my freinds modded GXSR 1000 in my old TT Viper on low boost (870 rwhp) and put a few cars on him. I ran a 600cc R6 in my stock 08 and pulled him hard past 140mph. Both are decent riders so skill did not play apart in the bikes losing.

I think you would be surprised what a high horse power car will do to a bike past 140-150!!:D
I never said anything about a GSX-R1000, they don't have enough grunt on the top end... And no I'm not at all surprised about what a TT Viper can do, one of our local members has a B/W 97 with a 1400+HP TT polished set up, don't want none of that though :nono: I have seen some of the videos on youtube with snakes spanking Busa bikes though but If I remember right, the snakes were SC or TT and the bikes were pretty much stock. Like I said, it would be fun to give it a shot, with mine on spray.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dodge Viper GTS (1000ps) vs. Suzuki Hayabusa (Part 1)

S/C 883rwhp viper vs stock busa, then slight mod busa, n then Modded Busa on youtube, theres a part 2 as well. Thats a fast Viper.

ok im bored :eater:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is always another vehicle being faster ... wassup?
:eater:
GO to the race track and race there. :drive:

MORE FUN.
SAFER.
... fill in yourself here ...

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just outta curiosity Plumcrazy, what has your Viper run in the 1/4 mile and top end ?

i dont 1/4 mile (cause i dont like it), i street race "allegedly". most of the stuff is 60-160 or higher. the car goes over 160 almost every time i drive it. drove it 6500 miles last year alone which was from june i think to november when i put it away. its been to 187 when it was stock and ran outta road, it doesn't need nearly the amount of road now..... :) 200 wont be a problem, trust me.

i dont race for cash.

Jim C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally pulled away from a liter sportbike on the weekend in my ACR... but there were a few corners involved.

Gimpala63n70

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*** does "who can buy one got to do with what is fast" :rolleyes:

I own a '08 Viper coupe and a '08 Honda CBR1000rr. Both stock. The bike will smoke the car in the 1/4 "how about high 9's at 150mph. Above 150 the Viper will pull the bike.

I have an 08 CBR1000RR as well, and not ONE complaint about it..I love it so much.

Ive gotten next to many of cars, and not many come close..

Theres not many feelings similar to 150+ on a bike...Its pure LIFE at its fullest!

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 08 CBR1000RR as well, and not ONE complaint about it..I love it so much.

Ive gotten next to many of cars, and not many come close..

Theres not many feelings similar to 150+ on a bike...Its pure LIFE at its fullest!

I had the same bike, but a'07. It had a bit of work. My '08 Viper is fast (as were my previous cars), but serious sportbikes are faster--liter bikes and up. Go to any Sportbike Magazine and look at 0-60 and 1/4 mi. times--1/4 mi. stock trap speeds for the liter bikes are in the 140s.

Bikes are also much more crushable and dangerous--I am cars-only now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte