"Smokin" Viper

G

Gotvenom 08

Since I gave the forums a break for a bit,I have been busy with projects.The title of the thread is a bit deceiving but in a sense,the viper will be smoking.(just a different kind of smoke)
My almost latest item is a viper ash tray.I saw a similar item on flea bay that was sold for an ungodly amount of money.I figured I can make one that is bigger and better.So I did.It is made out of aluminum,approx 7 inches in dia,and 1.5 inches thick.
Etched the logo and wording on it,notched the item 4 times for cigars.Polished it,and it was done.I still might anodize it a color or hard coat it to make it more durable.Polished aluminum shows fingerprint smears and just is very difficult to keep clean if you do handle it.
Pen in pic is for reference in size.
You must be registered for see images attach

And this final pic shows a nice Cuban cigar(thanks Baz)right where it belongs.:D

Okay now for my LATEST project.Just got back the logo today from the painter.This is a fangs logo with a pocket machined in the back of it to accept a mirror.It is approx 16"x16"x3/8" aluminum plate powder coated black.The pocket in back is approx .200 deep.I have made a few of these logo plaques before,but just did a little some thing different to this one.Pictures don't really do it justice,it is stunning up close.Some times pics just don't capture the effect.The shiny black paint with the reflective backing stands out nicely.
Here are the 2 items before assembly.

Here you can barely make out the pocket,black doesn't show up well.

Then assembled.

If I do make more of these I might have 2 different colors on the plaque.Make the border one color and then the inside fangs another color.Will have to see if that would be possible. Will inquire about that with the painter.But I think that really would set off the color scheme well.
And here the G/f is showcasing the viper mirror.Notice how clean that glass is.:rolleyes::rolaugh:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a smoker but count me in on the fangs mirror!!! That is awesome!!! If you haven't already, you need to get a website put together and start selling the things you are creating...very nice. :2tu:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY nice MR. Purple Man! What creativity! :omg:

Love the mirror idea.:2tu:

But I do have a bone to pick with you. :rolleyes:

Umm, your g/f. She has red nails. That is a problem. IS that a subliminal statement that you are now on the red team? :eater:

If she was mine, I would request no other nail colors than yellow with black stripes. :D

OP
OP
G

Gotvenom 08

Thank You every one for your kind words.

But I only made one of each item.So I have none to sell, as I know I probably disappointed a few here.There is nothing I can do.Licensing issues are the problem.

Mopar Boy nothing yellow is permitted in my house!Especially yellow finger nail paint.No offense but red or purple nails on the g/f looks way better than "your color":D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fine.

Be that way.

:p

If you want to go there then I will point out that you knocked over some cones in the pic in your avatar. :pbt:

:D

EDIT: Seems Chumpy has a few words as well. My comment to you: :slap:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As always, Tim, you outdo yourself~!! LOVE the 'size' of your FANGS!!! ;)
Great work on the ashtray, no smokers here either, but one could find use for one :)
~juli-who-is-no-longer-needed-for-official-timster-spell-checker

**LOVE the avatar with the cones down**

OP
OP
G

Gotvenom 08

Red and purple look way better on Vipers as well :lmao: Awesome work Tim! I do think making Viper ashtrays is politically incorrect though, it may make people start smoking just to use your ashtray :D

Thanks Chad,but I am always politically incorrect.:)

And Chad was correct in stating that Red and Purple or any other color looks way better than that"other color":D

Fine.

Be that way.

:p

If you want to go there then I will point out that you knocked over some cones in the pic in your avatar. :pbt:

For your information there MR.The wind blew the cones over.I never(well maybe almost kinda) hardly ever knock down cones.;)
:D

EDIT: Seems Chumpy has a few words as well. My comment to you: :slap:

As always, Tim, you outdo yourself~!! LOVE the 'size' of your FANGS!!! ;)
Great work on the ashtray, no smokers here either, but one could find use for one :)
~juli-who-is-no-longer-needed-for-official-timster-spell-checker

**LOVE the avatar with the cones down**

Yes my shpellin has come along weighs since I proof read every thing now!;)

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your welcome TIMMMMBO.....

Is there anything left to make???? or have you covered it all now.....

OP
OP
G

Gotvenom 08

Your welcome TIMMMMBO.....

Is there anything left to make???? or have you covered it all now.....

It never ends BAZ! (at least I hope not):)

I have a new project(some one else's idea) in the works and I will show when it is done.

Will go in details then.

P.S.I need a life!:D

OP
OP
G

Gotvenom 08

Hey hey hey. We dont want to hear about your gas issues! :omg:

:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

Don't recall any one requesting "your thoughts" on the subject matter at hand!:D Your still sore that my G/F didn't have yellow paint on her nails.The yellow owners,,,,,,,,,,such a group!:smirk:

OP
OP
G

Gotvenom 08

Well you didn't think I would stop with just one ash tray did you?:rolleyes: Went to work today and found a little free time to make these.A nice compliment to the large cigar ash tray.I don't smoke except for a very occasional cigar,but if you do smoke cigs what better place to put your ashes right?;)
These are approx 4 inch dia and 3/4 inch thick.About the size of the ash trays you(used)to steal in Vegas.:omg:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it looks like I will have to sell my Viper so I can have more money to spend on Viper Stuff:lmao: Dude really you need to stop now! you are making me crazy:omg:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't recall any one requesting "your thoughts" on the subject matter at hand!:D Your still sore that my G/F didn't have yellow paint on her nails.The yellow owners,,,,,,,,,,such a group!:smirk:

Didn't have to request them. They come free and at random. :D

And wishing you were part of our group...I am touched! :)

OP
OP
G

Gotvenom 08

So it looks like I will have to sell my Viper so I can have more money to spend on Viper Stuff:lmao: Dude really you need to stop now! you are making me crazy:omg:

I can't! I tried the seven steps to quiting too!::D

Stop making ashtrays...and make drink coasters.
I made drink coasters a long time ago.

QUOTE=Mopar Boy;2778465]Didn't have to request them. They come free and at random. :D

Yes I see that!:rolleyes::D

And wishing you were part of our group...I am touched! :)[/QUOTE]

More like I am glad I am not part of "your group" is more like it.:rolaugh::D

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me see....I can either feed the Viper ashtray from my various smoking products (cigarettes, cigars etc) or put a drink on the Viper coaster.....Wait, I don't smoke in the house! That ashtray would be perfect for me to put my loose guitar picks in though!

I need one!!!!!

OP
OP
G

Gotvenom 08

I am hurt! :(

:D:rolaugh:

NO I really don't think you are hurt!:smirk:I am thinking that you want to be part of the exclusive "violet" color group.After all we are in very limited numbers.:D

And we are a special group!!!!!!!!!