SNAKE-OYL rear sub assembly.......SURVEY?

ELW98

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would like to know from Viper owners who have the Snake-Oyl rear sub assembly on their GenII's.......Are you happy with the sound/performance, and would you add this to your snake if you had to do over???

Not looking to go the Cat-back route.

Thanks in advance,
Ernie W.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake Oyl's rear sub eliminates the stock rear mufflers...it looks good and will give your exhaust a better note.

However, for the price of the rear sub, you could buy a pair of high flow cats, some cool looking exhaust tips, drive up to a reputable exhaust shop and have them remove the rear mufflers, weld in straight pipe, your high flow cats, and the tips...budget exhaust that will sound very nice and flow much better than stock.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+ Nice sound, both at idle and full throttle.
+ Well built
- Drone
- Tips too long
- Expensive

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like to do as much work as possible myself on my Viper. The Snake-Oil piece went on easily, and the car could be put back to stock easily if you wanted to. It sounds awesome as well. Of course, there is a bit more drone than before, but at least when cruising, selecting a different gear will usually get rid of that. I'd do it again. And one more thing....the longer tips, and lack of rear resonator help keep the back of the car cleaner.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Easy Install
Good quality
Sounds better than stock

Poor value vs benefits
Drone and resonance abound esp in GTS
Too-long tips

$10 off SnakeOyl's VCA price mention this post !!!

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my snakeoly sub.
Yes some drone ... love it in the rt/10 with the top off.
cheap..paid around $500
like the tips. dont think it sticks out too far...
great cheap mod.. at the time was trying to get a HMS
rolleyes.gif

catback but he never answered the phone
rolleyes.gif

so Bill Pemberton recommended that I at least go with this and I and very happy i did...

best wishes

JIM
smile.gif

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If you don't want to go the full cat-back this is a nice way to go as it is a direct bolt on and you can easily put the stock muffler back. Snake-oyl uses the same style clamps as factory.

They installed an "H" pipe for me at an extra cost and that reduced the resonance and raise the tone a bit.