SnakeOyl Cruise Control

TomH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my 97' with a cruise control already installed, the remotes battery is finally going bad after 3 years of at least weekly use. My question my seem dumb but I don't want to break the remote, how does the thing come apart so I can replace the battery? I pushed, pulled and pried a little with no success. Thanks for any help, Tom

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im betting if ya take i to radio shack for a new battery, the guy there will do it for ya. at worsr, offer him $5 and he'll do it then if you're not comfortable doing it.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On my Snake Oyl cruise control remote, the battery is visible/not covered on the underside - I put velcro on it to attach it to my steering column, so I have to peel it back to get to the battery. So, in my case, I just push the battery to one side and let it fall out. That is, until by girlfriend broke the little lip that holds it in, so now I have to wedge a piece of plastic in the grooves to hold the battery in.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the ***** of the whle this is that you have to buy a new transmitter for over 50 bucks if you break that little lip that randy talked about.

That really *****. :curse:

OP
OP
T

TomH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can see the battery through the windshield, my unit is screwed to the roof just to the left of the mirror so Randy's advice won't help since I can't remove the base from the roof.

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TomH, a few months ago werent you asking about a 01 bumblebee? What happened to that car. I live close to that guy and have actually sit in it and it was VERY nice.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it is a SnakeOyl cruise and mount then it will unsnap from the mount.
Mount? What mount? I was wondering if I was missing something when I got mine a year ago. Joy.