Snakes on the plains

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, let me give a huge THANK YOU to Jim Beardsley! You made my year!
Last Sunday I had the great opportunity to go to Sidney, Nebraska and view Mr. B's (Jim) collection of Vipers. He has an 1995 emerald green RT/10 (last 300), a 2002 Graphite RT/10, a 2005 Commemorative Edition SRT, and a 2006 blue/silver coupe. Also in the collection are two SRT-10 Ram's, and a Charger SRT-8.
I thought I was just going there to check out the collection and talk cars. When I got there things changed, and Jim offered to let me drive a car (and then a second, and third). First up, the 2005 SRT. I drove behind Jim in the 95, and his son was behind me in the 02.
You must be registered for see images attach

What a great experience. I had never driven a convertible before. It was a great car for my first Viper drive.
Second, was the 02 graphite RT/10.

The highest speed reached for the day. (I do not condone speeding!)

This was my favorite car. There is nothing like looking over that long sleek hood, hearing the exhaust, and feeling the massive power respond to your right foot.
And last, but not least, the true beast of the collection. The 2006 Coupe.

And here is my friend Stacey with the 2006 as well.

All in all, it was an amazing experience. I am still speechless. I have never driven anything that powerful. These cars shift well, and respond immediately to everything you tell it to do. The brakes amazing, and have more stopping power then anything I have ever felt. You could really feel the difference in the generations, with the coupe feeling the best of all. While I enjoyed the 02 the most, Stacey favored the 05. Chicks love the convertible top. I envy all of you Viper owners and I hope I can join you soon.
A few parting shots...

Vipers and the Charger SRT-8 in storage and getting ready for hibernation.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, I only got to drive one Viper today.:dunno:

But I did mange to match (possibly exceed?:smirk: ) your max speed.:D :rolaugh: :D

Sounds like a fun day!:2tu:

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: Do you realize you just lived my fantasy?;)
I wish I was there with you, driving the ultimate modern muscle car.:2tu:

V

Venomiss

Jim is a great guy and we had the pleasure of having them attend our 2005 Zone rendezvous here in KC. Good job Jim! Still have your helmet?

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim, his family, and family of Vipers were at our local car show here in Goodland, KS last year. Great guy, great family, great cars and truck (SRT Ram).

Mr B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shucks...you guys will turn my head! It was a GREAT day in late October, Josh and Stacey were super guests, and I got a chance to dust off the fleet. It was MY pleasure to share a Viper day with family and new friends. Always a joy to introduce Dodge SRT power and presence with new converts! You are always welcome to take them out again, Josh, as you get closer to a purchase decision. And no, I loaned out my helmet again, and it is somewhere over the Canadian border...probably bouncing over a snowdrift on one of those evil ski-front machines!!
Thanks to all.

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice thread, but those front plates have to go pronto! ;)
That and one of them needs to be TT'd...go for the 06 :D
Seriously though looked like a fun day.

OP
OP
N

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you every one for your comments and compliments. It was an amazing and perfect day. I never knew Nebraska could be so much fun! Thanks again Jim, Stacey and I still brag about our triple Viper adventure on a daily basis. If there is any way I can repay you let me know.