Snakeskin Green & Venom Red - Last Chance!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got a heads up from our friends at SRT that if you want Snakeskin Green or Venom Red you had best get your order in soon. As you know, CAAP has been building Vipers (yay!) and production of the three launch colors has to end to make sure that the remaining five colors (Viper Black Clear Coat, Viper Violet Pearl Coat, Viper Red Clear Coat, Viper Blue Metallic Pearl Coat and Viper Very Orange Pearl Coat) make it into the production schedule.

Remember, with all these different options (wheels, stripes, interiors, bezels, etc.) your chances of creating a truly one-of-a-kind Viper is as high as it has EVER been. And if you want that combination to include the stunning Snakeskin Green or beautiful Venom Red, your time is running out...

ssga4.jpg

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. Whoever told you that was misinformed. It might also interest you to know that more Venom Red have been ordered than Snakeskin Green - at least the last time I heard.

Wow, I never would have thought that one. That is pretty neat. I can not wait to see them all in person but I can not really wait to see the Venom Red with a Cream Interior.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking good. I think this has been the most hyped of Generation of the Viper so far!!! Someone better get one fast so I can see it :).

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not a green loving guy but I really think that is a stunning color. Perhaps the color that best reflects what a Viper is all about???

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got a heads up from our friends at SRT that if you want Snakeskin Green or Venom Red you had best get your order in soon. As you know, CAAP has been building Vipers (yay!) and production of the three launch colors has to end to make sure that the remaining five colors (Viper Black Clear Coat, Viper Violet Pearl Coat, Viper Red Clear Coat, Viper Blue Metallic Pearl Coat and Viper Very Orange Pearl Coat) make it into the production schedule.

Remember, with all these different options (wheels, stripes, interiors, bezels, etc.) your chances of creating a truly one-of-a-kind Viper is as high as it has EVER been. And if you want that combination to include the stunning Snakeskin Green or beautiful Venom Red, your time is running out...

ssga4.jpg

Let me know when they get a Yellow and Black one

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow cant wait to see more and more pics of them as they start hitting the streets. I agree, I was never really a fan of the green, but that Venom green looks stunning. I definitely say coupe all the way for the 2008, it just has that meaner look to it. I also think I am sold on the 2008 hood as I wont have to worry about stripes anyway.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

Please let me know who will accept an order for 08 Snakeskin Green, i have been told by very reputable dealer, ordering is closed....

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

Please let me know who will accept an order for 08 Snakeskin Green, i have been told by very reputable dealer, ordering is closed....
Should be most of them, but maybe they have since closed them. Check with Viper dealers like Woodhouse, Roanoke, Buhler, etc. Let us know what you find out!

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered a snakeskin green coupe from Woodhouse in early October. At that time, I was told I couldn't be guaranteed the snakeskin green (25-50% chance). I just learned that I did end up getting one. :) However, due to my experience, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they stopped taking orders. After all, Woodhouse IS the biggest Viper dealer.

Luna C

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey all. Hope this is the right thread for this. New and all.
I have a Venom Red '08 on order. Talked to the dealer today and they said no more SSG. Also couldn't verify when my car would start prodution. They have verified the order but I can't find out what number it is. They estimated delivery at mid to late december. Does anyone have any info on build time and whether they are delivering close to on time? Thanks in advance for any help. very impatient.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Venom Red '08 on order. Talked to the dealer today and they said no more SSG. Also couldn't verify when my car would start prodution. They have verified the order but I can't find out what number it is. They estimated delivery at mid to late december. Does anyone have any info on build time and whether they are delivering close to on time? Thanks in advance for any help. very impatient.

I'd say it would take a miracle for a mid to late December delivery if your car isn't at D1 status right now. D1 means sequenced for production, and an estimated ship date is assigned. None of the 2008 Vipers have been released for shipment to dealers yet. Good luck---it will be worth the wait, I'm sure.:2tu:

Luna C

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd say it would take a miracle for a mid to late December delivery if your car isn't at D1 status right now. D1 means sequenced for production, and an estimated ship date is assigned. None of the 2008 Vipers have been released for shipment to dealers yet. Good luck---it will be worth the wait, I'm sure.:2tu:

Thanks for the info. Depressing though it may be!

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Also, if you have a graphite or light arc bezel ordered this will delay production of the car till at least December. I confirmed this painful bit of news with my dealer today. :(

/Rich

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we have any photos of Very Orange or Violet?
Nope, there has not been a single body panel painted in either color as far as I know - except maybe in their paint labs. Not even the pilot cars. Here is the tentative production schedule, adjusted for the slightly delayed launch:

Available at launch:
  • New Snakeskin Green Pearl Coat (orders closing VERY soon for this color)
  • New Venom Red Metallic Clear Coat (orders closing VERY soon for this color too)
  • Viper GTS Blue Pearl Coat (orders now closed for this color)
Winter introduction:
  • Viper Black Clear Coat
  • New Viper Violet Pearl Coat
Spring introduction:
  • Classic Viper Red Clear Coat
  • New Viper Very Orange Pearl Coat
Summer ’08 introduction
  • New Viper Bright Blue Metallic Pearl Coat
Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/list]Hold it.. I thought the classic Viper Red was not to be produced anymore?

Either you are kidding or you might be thinking of red with white stripes. There has NEVER been a year (besides 2007 of course) where the Viper wasn't available in Viper Red. Nor do I suspect there ever will be. My only surprise was that they didn't schedule it earlier in the year...

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either you are kidding or you might be thinking of red with white stripes. There has NEVER been a year (besides 2007 of course) where the Viper wasn't available in Viper Red. Nor do I suspect there ever will be. My only surprise was that they didn't schedule it earlier in the year...

I thought it was mentioned before here on the forums that Venom Red was going to replace Viper Red.. good thing that I'm wrong, can't always be right :)

Motorhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Available at launch:
  • New Snakeskin Green Pearl Coat (orders closing VERY soon for this color)
  • New Venom Red Metallic Clear Coat (orders closing VERY soon for this color too)
  • Viper GTS Blue Pearl Coat (orders now closed for this color)
Winter introduction:
  • Viper Black Clear Coat
  • New Viper Violet Pearl Coat
Spring introduction:
  • Classic Viper Red Clear Coat
  • New Viper Very Orange Pearl Coat
Summer ’08 introduction
  • New Viper Bright Blue Metallic Pearl Coat
Hope this helps!

...and expect up to 4 new colors for 2009; maybe more stripe colors too. Darn!...I've probably said too much again :omg: (just can't hold back my enthusiasm for this car!) :headbang:

That's all I can say for now. Stay tuned... :naughty:

Jim - The Chrysler Color Guy

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...and expect up to 4 new colors for 2009; maybe more stripe colors too. Darn!...I've probably said too much again :omg: (just can't hold back my enthusiasm for this car!) :headbang:

That's all I can say for now. Stay tuned... :naughty:

Jim - The Chrysler Color Guy
You better hope those SRT marketing guys don't read your posts or they are gonna have their way with you! :D

And now we will be expecting four new colors for 2009. Stripe colors too. Bet you liked that champagne stripe on the raffle car, eh? :2tu:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You better hope those SRT marketing guys don't read your posts or they are gonna have their way with you! :D

And now we will be expecting four new colors for 2009. Stripe colors too. Bet you liked that champagne stripe on the raffle car, eh? :2tu:

I probably missed it, but are there any pics of the raffle car? I would love to see this champagne color you mention.