Snakeskin Vipers by Prefix Now Available

TommyLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repost, but Dodge Motorsports just "officially" announced the Prefix Snakeskin Viper to dealers today. As has been mentioned, they are only building 20 of them. The car can be seen via the following link:

http://prefix.com/snakeskin/

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not to rain on anyones parade, but that interior looks like ass, the visors look like a chia pet and those stripes can be done for 4g! other than that its an awesome car!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Easy - you get to pay an extra $24k for those chia pet visors:

5122viperinteriorsnake.jpg
5122viperexteriorsnake.jpg

Only 20 cars will be made.

Interior:
Premium Black Leather Trim
Seat Bolsters
Door Trim Covers
Lower Instrument Panel Covers
Center Console Tunnel Cover
Rear Bulk Head Cover
A-Pillar Covers
Door Sill Covers
Steering Wheel Upper Grip
Shift Knob & Park Handles
SNAKESKIN Pattern Leather Trim
Seat Inserts
Steering Wheel Lower Grip
Center Console Armrest Pad
Shift Boot & Park Boot
Sun Visors
Sport Bars
Black Viper Medallion Embroidery in Front Seat Headrest
Aluminum Engraved “SNAKESKIN VIPER” Console Badge
Center Console Bezel- Charcoal Graphic Overlay Design
Radio Bezel- Charcoal Graphic Overlay Design
Exterior:
Dual Racing SNAKESKIN Stripe Under Clear Coat
Black Out Rear Diffuser
Included but Optional Body Color Painted Brake Calipers
Included but Optional Body Color Painted Wheels
SNAKESKIN Viper Badging
MSRP* $23,880.00 + tax

* Shipping To Purchasing Dealer Included

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does look much better in person than in pictures. It is embossed leather as well.

We toured the interior area and it was pretty neat. Lots of labor involved in doing an interior. They had 3 boxes with a vast assortment of materials, colors and patterns. All made from leather I believe. So the potential is there to make a very unique car. Not cheap but very high quality of workmanship.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
U...G...L...Y...you ain't got no alibi, you ugly, hey hey, you ugly!

I guess they don't have a hard enough time selling them at 10K off sticker, so they throw a gaudy trim package on it and ask $24K MORE? Who's brain fart was this?

Please tell me that was photo shopped, the finished product of **** My Ride, or the design team got bored and started Octoberfest a little early.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I guess they don't have a hard enough time selling them at 10K off sticker, so they throw a gaudy trim package on it and ask $24K MORE? Who's brain fart was this?

Please tell me that was photo shopped, the finished product of **** My Ride, or the design team got bored and started Octoberfest a little early.

Hey..don't hold back, tell us what you REALLY think. Don't candy coat it.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey..don't hold back, tell us what you REALLY think. Don't candy coat it.

quote]

LMAO :eek: :D :2tu:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it would look a lot better on a lighter color car. There is just too many shades of gray and black on that thing. The Orange one they did for the giveaway was nice.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, would you rather DC spent the man-hours on making the car perform better, or on some artsy-fartsy, leather faux snake skin option? Are there not enough Gen III limited edition Vipers? Is there a Bling-Bling Mamba yet? Does it come with a matching soft-top too?

If you're in the market for a Viper and you have an additional $24K, what would YOU spend it on?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is Prefix, not DC. Get it?

And like any aftermarket modification, if you do not like it don't buy it. Pretty simple.

But I for one think it is neat that DC is allowing Prefix to provide aftermarket "options" prior to initial delivery. From performance upgrades to interiors to specialized paint schemes.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not to rain on anyones parade, but that interior looks like ass, the visors look like a chia pet and those stripes can be done for 4g! other than that its an awesome car!

What do you mean the rest is awesome? From what I am reading, it looks like you are saying the only thing good thing left is the engine. :D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And like any aftermarket modification, if you do not like it don't buy it. Pretty simple.

But I for one think it is neat that DC is allowing Prefix to provide aftermarket "options" prior to initial delivery. From performance upgrades to interiors to specialized paint schemes.

I agree with you but I think that if they are going to make cars with options available to the customer, they should at least make them obtainable by most consumers, and not only a select few. Plus they should have done a better combination for the price. As we can tell, not many people are liking this package and if you really think about it, how many people are really going to like this combo. Why not have done the raffle combo or a more desirable color combo. People loved the raffle car and rule one in the car business is if something is good, don't change it! At least with a desirable color combo like the raffle car or something else nice, people MIGHT see spending $24,000. At least then I would believe it was SOMEWHAT worth it.

Now as for the price tag. At $24,000 for the option, I think that VERY few will be getting this for both these reasons. Look at it this way, MSRP approximately $88,000, even if you get a good deal at $75,000 or so since it is a rarer color that just came out, add $24,000 for the package, and at least 5% for taxes in most areas, you are about $105,000 out the door. Talk about a rip on a car that soon as you roll it out the door, it will be worth at least $20,000 less and most likely more. Yes, they will get a few people who do not care about the money they spend, but finding 20 of them in a community that is mostly made up of people that love this car and follow the market and do not just buy it because it looks cool, will be pretty diffucult.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
" Prefix Snakeskin Viper" How did we arrive at a customer base that contains individuals who are so shallow and have such bad taste that they think that something as garrish and outlandish as the custom decoration and interior job on this vehicle looks good? From purist performance vehicle to pimpmobile in 14 years. Very sad. With the foregoing said, I think the idea of Prefix offering custom interiors, etc. through dealerships is a good idea. I just can't believe that DC/SRT is helping them market the "snakes on a snake" Viper. I think it cheapens the brand even though it is being offered at $24,000.00 more. Then again maybe its a generational thing - sort of like Rock & Role versus Rap music.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....I like the seats, shiter, e-brake and stripes.

don't like the hoops, visors or half snaked steering wheel.

and I like the shoes. :)

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that they are counting on the fact that many super-rich people have questionable taste. They want somethging that's very unusual and rare, and won't quibble about the higher price.

I am surprised however that they didn't offer these cars with a Paxton supercharger in with the package.
At least then you have some longer fangs to go with the snakeskin look.
And the few buyers who wouldn't blink at spending $24K for a cosmetic package would also probably not care about paying an extra $10K for scary-fast acceleration to go with the wild looks. :eek:

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

That is the point!! Go into a dealership...order your car, send it to Prefix for customizing...before you take delivery. This is just the tip of the iceberg on what we will be able to get done on a new Viper in the future. I think it is terrific. Am I crazy about the interior on this car? Not really. Love the stripes however, and the wheels.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
" Prefix Snakeskin Viper" How did we arrive at a customer base that contains individuals who are so shallow and have such bad taste that they think that something as garrish and outlandish as the custom decoration and interior job on this vehicle looks good? From purist performance vehicle to pimpmobile in 14 years. Very sad. With the foregoing said, I think the idea of Prefix offering custom interiors, etc. through dealerships is a good idea. I just can't believe that DC/SRT is helping them market the "snakes on a snake" Viper. I think it cheapens the brand even though it is being offered at $24,000.00 more. Then again maybe its a generational thing - sort of like Rock & Role versus Rap music.

What he said! :2tu:

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'd buy one for 34k under msrp LOL :eek: (10k under normal discount and 24k for an ugly interior but since its unique I'd keep it)

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree the car in the ad looks terrible but I saw a Prefix copperhead in person at Viper Days in Indiana and it looked great. The car had snakeskin stripes, a wing, copper calipers and "tasteful" copper leather work. I thought it looked perfect. You just can't go overboard with the extras. I think I remember hearing he spent less than $10,000 on his Prefix treatment. Thanks

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Then again maybe its a generational thing - sort of like Rock & Role versus Rap music."

I'm part of the rap music generation and that is one FUGLY interior. I don't think you could talk a **** into being seen in that car :bonker:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like they do great work but the snake skin style leather is too much. I am sure you can have them put together an awesome interior with the right colors and fabric. I have a Mamba and can only imagine what they could have done on the interior instead of the factory. Dont get me wrong i love the Mamba interior but thier workmanship just looks incredible.

Since their have been so many iterations of "limited editions" this probably was the only logical next step.

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car is being delivered Friday morning direct from Prefix. I will post some images later this weekend. I just went to Prefix earlier this week to sign off and do the final inspection, all I can say is AWESOME! Their craftsmanship is second to none. I'm not a fan of the snakeskin look but if you want to personailze your car YOUR WAY, Prefix is by far the only way to go in my opinion! A special thanks goes out to all of the Prefix staff, and a special thanks to Ron Batt for his personalized e-mails, images of the progress and coordinating the entire make-over!
Overall rating gets a 10++++ for perfection in every detail!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zdigital some pics of your car during the work - interior and exterior. Enjoy.

BTW we took it out for a spin ... Oh nevermind
498100_2802-med.jpg

498100_2803-med.jpg

498100_2806-med.jpg

498100_2807-med.jpg

498100_2808-med.jpg

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Zdigital some pics of your car during the work - interior and exterior. Enjoy.

BTW we took it out for a spin ... Oh nevermind
498100_2802-med.jpg

498100_2803-med.jpg

498100_2806-med.jpg

498100_2807-med.jpg

498100_2808-med.jpg

I bet your spin was a bit uncomfortable sitting on the floor board. You must be 7' tall! LOL.......That was a good one!

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warranty:
Interior Leather—Warranty is 2 years unlimited miles for all labor and materials and defects against craftsmanship for work performed by PREFIX.

Exterior-All Paint work Warranty 3-years unlimited miles.

doesn't this seem odd to anyone else

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warranty:
Interior Leather—Warranty is 2 years unlimited miles for all labor and materials and defects against craftsmanship for work performed by PREFIX.

Exterior-All Paint work Warranty 3-years unlimited miles.

doesn't this seem odd to anyone else

the numbers do seem low to me. is that what you are referring to?

cant wait to see your car friday or sat scott! :2tu:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake Skin Vipers "Desinged by people with white canes for buyers carrying white canes" I'm not knocking you or your car Zdigital.Your's looks pretty nice.The one at the top of the page is a horror. Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi