Sneak Peak - New Race Rotors

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As many of you here know, the benchmark or bar has been set by Stoptech when it comes to Viper rotors for either race (as seen on the ACR) and for a street upgrade as seen on many cars and the Gen5 . The offering is grey silver hat

1801_image.jpg

or the same rotor with a black anodized hat,

I, personally, like a nicer looking rotor on my car but I do like the performance of the Stoptech solution, so keeping this in mind I decided, with the help of a good friend that is a master CNC designer, programmer owner etc. have come up with a nice competitive solution.

By combining a beautiful scalloped edge billet aluminum hat (6061 T6 minimum, not softer T5 like a lot of companies use) and the tried and trued Stoptech rotor rings (yes, using the braking surface we all know WORKS and sets records at every important track around the USA and the world)

This is what we have come up with

Hat in clear Anodizing surface (no holes)

Hat anodized black with 6 Viper holes

The complete set of what you will get for a price that will knock your socks off!

Our scalloped edge hat, with the Stoptech rotor!

Please chime in and let me know the interest level for such an upgrade.

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another very nice product. No offense is meant by this, but you really need to update your site with the new products. I'm sure there are a lot of Internet shoppers here like me that like to explore options online before making any calls or purchases. You have so many things coming out so quickly (I can't figure out when you have time to sleep) that it would be nice to see them all in one place. The brake hats look very nice and I am definitely interested, a price would help me make up my mind.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve I like it a lot! I know the Stoptechs are considered the best, but I decided to give up a little performance and go with the Baers because of the hat design( which you've addressed), and the drilled and slotted look of the disc. Will there be other disc options?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can do drilled and slotted for those that like the look and hell even the brembo rotors I had on my comp coupe were drilled, yes, they crack earlier under all out nothing but race conditions but that is a small part of the market.

So yes, we can supply drilled Stoptech rings for $35-$40 more per ring (direct extra cost for stoptech)

I will also have other ring options available but I'll leave it like this for now.

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not 7075 T6? All of our motorcycle suspension components are made out of it. Our "non-stressed" motorcycle parts use 6061. I would think the 7075 would give an even better product with marginal increase in cost. Have you looked in that direction?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not 7075 T6? All of our motorcycle suspension components are made out of it. Our "non-stressed" motorcycle parts use 6061. I would think the 7075 would give an even better product with marginal increase in cost. Have you looked in that direction?

Mainly cost and the fact that 7075 is more prone to corrosion, if price wasn't an object for my customers it would not be an object for me. Some of the race brake manufacturers out there are casting their hats even

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price is going to be better than the ACR stoptechs, projected pricing right now is in the $1700-$1800 a complete set of 4

At that price I will most certainly be in, as long as they are a direct bolt on to my GenIV.

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the hats hard anodized (type III)?

Is there a weight savings vs. the StopTech hats?

What is the cost of the hat set without the rotors?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the hats hard anodized (type III)?

Is there a weight savings vs. the StopTech hats?

What is the cost of the hat set without the rotors?

YEs, we use Type III hard anodizing, on all hats, you pretty much have to for where they are located.

There is no significant weight savings or cost, most of the weight of the 2 piece rotors is the "ring"

the cost of a set of 4 hats is approx $875.00

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One more reason is that the temperature at which the 7075 starts to change strength properties is much lower than that of 6061. If we had a huge offset we would use 7075, but since we don't 6061 is the material of choice, in applications where temperature is not an factor 7075 is definitely a great material to use.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is something else that is in the pipe for the Track Rat Crowd

Bolt on 6 piston calipers!

photo57.JPG

photo_1_15.JPG

photo_2_18.JPG

I just got these in, so I still have some testing to do with these...

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is something else that is in the pipe for the Track Rat Crowd

Bolt on 6 piston calipers!

photo57.JPG

photo_1_15.JPG

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/photo_2_18.JPG[/

I just got these in, so I still have some testing to do with these...[/QUOTE]

I want a set of these

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crap, Steve, here I'm trying to think about a gen5 and you come out with this uber cool stuff.

Nice job as usual. This total setup looks to be unreal.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look awesome ! Just wondering where are they manufactured and How much for 2 fronts . :)

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crap, Steve, here I'm trying to think about a gen5 and you come out with this uber cool stuff.

Nice job as usual. This total setup looks to be unreal.

It will all bolt up to your Gen 5, this will be the perfect way to kill the vettes in the corners!

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look awesome ! Just wondering where are they manufactured and How much for 2 fronts . :)

The Stoptech rings are shipping from the USA, I have read that there are few to no foundries in the USA now, so not sure where they are made.

The Hats are made in the midwest, same place that makes my BBK's

the calipers are coming form teh UK, but agian, not sure were they begin their life.